• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Skeets

Anyone drivin out on Osakis?????

Skeets

I would not advise driving at all.
The ice is 8-10-12 inches AT BEST.
I wait till 2-3 feet or my wheels stay on shore. I personally don't have a extra couple thousand dollars to pay in fines.
It might also be hard to fish again if you are dead...think about it!

Good fishin' smile.gif
Skeets

I was wondering if anyone was driving out on Lake Osakis yet? Also, what is the ice conditions like up there? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks Skeets for the comment. I drove out on the north side of the lake last weekend. We did fairly well, however, a lot of small walleyes, only 8 within the slot limit. This weather does help any. Thanks for the response.

osakisresort

where exactly did ya catch the walleyes. i have been searching all over the lake the last 2 weeks for walleyes or crappies. Any suggestions? what depths are u in, and are they suspended? Any info would be great.

Osakis Resort,
We were over by the Holiday resort off the shoreline in about 17-25 feet of water. The bottom was sandy and we were about 12-18" off bottom. A lot of small walleyes under 15 inches, but it was still fun.

osakisresort

bigfishin20~
Thanks, ill have to check it out. Ive been fishing at smith lake the last week. Caught a bunch of crappies. Some good sized ones too. And a 7lb northern. Mostly in evenings. Any one else been catching fish in or around Osakis?

Zimm

Osakis Report,
I have been on Osakis for the last three weeks. I spend about 3 nights a week sleeping out there and have had some success. The weekend was great, but the fish have moved as of the las two days. I only fish walleyes and am on a small hump. The low light times have been good, but the bes fishing has been late at night. Midnight - around 4 am. I am going to move my house deeper and will be looking around the 28-34 foot mark. Moon glows and small shinners have worked for me, but I always have my buckshot rattler in the water. I gave given angle eyes a fair shot this year, and haven't caught a fish on them yet. I am hoping that the NW Angle will be the ticket for Angle Eyes this weekend. I don't care if anyone fishes BY me, but I only need my girlfriend on top of me. Good Luck.
Zimm

osakisresort

Zimm~
Hey, thanks for the help, i fished out in front of battle pt. last night, around those houses, in 24 ft. not a thing, i even droped the camera down and didnt see anything. are u fising the north end or south? I would love to find some fish and stay out, but dont have a house big enough. good luck. keep the info comin

Zimm

Osakis Resort,
I will tell you exactly where I am over e-mail. Drop me a line.
[email protected]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• MJ1657
    • monstermoose78
      Last winter was not easy for me either but this winter I will be going to some other lakes that i use to fish with my grandpa. The only good bites I got on last winter were the ones the St. Cloud boys invited me on. I just reached out to get a custom ice rod from a guy near me. I am excited to see what he can do for me. I will post as often as I can and if I get on a good bite you could tag along if ya want.
    • popriveter
      I’ll be winterizing my boat and prepping my ice gear this weekend. I’m usually excited for ice, but my fishing was terrible last winter and this is way too early a start. We should still be out on open water. Around Arden Hills, Shoreview I’ve noticed Valentine and Silver are 100% locked. Island still had a small patch of open water yesterday.  I’m not anxious to cut holes and check ice depth yet. It’s easier to make safe decisions this year when I’m so much less excited for ice fishing.
    • cookie129
      From 2 to 5 to 7?  What started as 2 fishermen Tylor and John last week. Wednesday Bill and Hays spent the night and walked out with not much luck. All though Bill is a photographer  and said he never wet a line as he snapped pic after pic of the sunset. I caught the tail end of it and should of snapped a picture myself, as it was spectacular to say the least.  Not even sure there's a name for the color,  maybe blood red? Thursday morning hays was not feeling very well so Bill went out on his own. Down at the lake working I saw 5 fishermen counting Bill. Yesterday it was up tp 7. I have had a dozen calls, how thick is the ice,  how's the fishing? Buddy Hillmen of Hillmens resort says around 5 inches, They are  allowing  walking traffic out to a mile where his road stakes stop.  I have heard of 5 fish caught and 1 lost at the hole so that's the fishing report.  Some one said it would be a zoo up here this weekend since the south end had that strong wind . I would have to disagree  as I have no one spending the night here until after thanksgiving? All the house are prepped down at the lake and ready to go other then a few little things. If anyone stays down there they will have to be cleaned again but that's fine with me.  Jonny boy did not get out as he was a little under the weather.  I did get a shot at a grouse with my recurve going out to my stand Thursday night. It was a shot through the brush and my arrow just missed. I 'll always give up being quiet when I have a chance at a grouse, either when I'm going, sitting or leaving my hunting area.  Years ago I took a grouse in the air with my recurve and flu flu arrow. I would love a repeat of that. Plus the hammer loves the way I make grouse as do I.  I was going to pull my deer stand but now have second thoughts . Some venison in the freezer would be nice. I like cutting up steak in super thin pieces then quick frying for a minute steak sandwich. Plus I'm still trying to harvest a deer with my recurve
    • monstermoose78
      There are people out ice fishing please use extreme caution!! Beaver runs can keep the ice thinner in a narrow area. Fish can cause thinner spots as well. I think I will check two early ice lakes today. 
    • monstermoose78
      I know a lake around my area that has ice anglers on it and it normally has the first Spearers as well, but I did not see a shack on the ice yet
    • iFishMN.YT
      I was out in the west metro, found a nice solid 3.75 in a shallow backwater type area I checked, but the main lake was too thin still.  Got one small sunny in 5 ft of water, it counts!  Thats the earliest in the season I have ever pulled a fish out a hole. Few more days for the locked up lakes I think,
    • knoppers
      bump give ice reports if you can. just don't go on any ice to give a report, be safe.   I know my 300 acre lake in aitkin froze  over last weekend, but ice depth could vary greatly this time of year.
    • Fishing Frenzy
      Anyone know of the lake is froze over? Or how much ice is on the lake if it is?
    • Schwarz04
      I’ll be out looking tomorrow... Have a spot in mind that I’m optimistic about. Which direction from downtown were you?