• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just got back from Villard. Mainly fished Villard and Leven for panfish. Best fishing we've had for several years. Caught lots of sunnies and bluegills, had to do some sorting, but many I could just get my hand around.Found most on the edge of the weeds. Crappies were pretty good on Leven, but you had to find them, I got a 14 incher,and my brother caught one almost as big. Also had a northern about 5 lbs. on, gave a heck of a battle on my ultralight and 4 lb line before he cut my line close to the boat. Also made a couple trips to Sauk Center and caught a mess of crappies out of Sauk Lake. Nothing real big, but a lot of 10-12 inchers. No magic bait, minnows and flu-flus for the crappies, and waxies, worms or leeches for the sunnies. Planned on trying some other smaller lakes for panfish this year, but fishing was so good on our regular lakes, I didn't want to leave!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nice Report Wayne!
Thanks.