• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grader dropped through the ice

bieganekbaitco

Man this post is great! Poor arrowhead, he is entitled to his opinions but what a bad way to make them known.

After reading all of the posts about the nice folks up there I am really looking forward to my first trip to URL mid-March. Sounds like the Westwind is a good place to stay. Any other opinions on lodging?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kelly-p

• Giant_Jackpot

• iffwalleyes

• halad

I can't stop myself from shooting a broadhead at arrowheaddork myself. Why would oil leak out of a machine just because it is in the drink. All the systems are sealed and unless a hose or tank ruptured then the fluid is not going anywere. I think the guy is either incredibly stupid or just trying to start a fight or both.

AHS. PLEASE send $50 to C/O graderfund 54719 hwy72NE Waskish MN. 56685 if not used for fund you can buy all the people you PO'D a drink.maybe you better send about $500.Whats your 20. I'LL be glad to donate this weekend.BUCKHEAD with a B.my friend

Boy, this thread got exciting in a hurry!

Thanks for the pictures Halad! Thanks to everyone who helped get the grader out!

I'm not going to rip on Arrowhead, I'll leave that up to the rest of you. Sounds like there's gonna be a lynch mob roaming around Red pretty soon.

All I can say is my hat's off to the guys who got the unit out. Looks like a real professional job to me.

I know I wouldn't want the job of getting the thing back in service - talk about a thankless job.

After seeing those pictures, I am just amazed how they could get that out. Good job fella's bigshock.gif

------------------
Hunt&Fish tell you drop!
I.B.O.T's 250&249

I read that as "mom and dad limit my computer time".

[This message has been edited by Bryce (edited 02-20-2004).]

And then arrowhead asks why we would slam him? Arrow buddy old pal, go back and look at your original post in this topic. You called the person stupid. So it is OK for you to slam someone but we can’t? When I get up to URL in mid March I will be looking for you. My guess is that you be the lone fisherman since you don’t like or get along with any of the folks up there.

Cripes,

I have to keep going here. Are you saying it is not OK to make money? These people are trying to make a living like everyone else and I’ll bet some of them would be plowing roads for their own use even if we did not go up there. I suppose you work for free? If you don’t like the people, why do you keep going back? And now you are calling them hicks? Man, I would love to be at Westwind when you show up.

He says he doesnt want his life to go down the drain sitting in front of that computer.
You know darn well, he sits there soaking up all the great pointers that we are willing to share to help each other out.
And he just sits there taking notes. How selfish bonehead(aka arrowhead).

I would have to agree that it is very poor taste to refer people as "stupid" or any other names on this forum. However it doesn't help the situation out by saying that one would love to run into someone in the bar to see how things pan out with the regulars, if you know what I mean. I see it as just throwin gas on a piro's fire. This should be a more positive forum. People that are not regulars should not have to be the brunt of other's poor attitude for just asking if they need an extension or where a good place to start fishing is either. I am a long time follower and would like to see threads grow for other reasons than negativity.

For what it's worth...

Another fisherman.

P.S.

If I do make it up again soon, I will throw in a few exra bucks for the cause, even though I am on a very limited budget.

[This message has been edited by HOGEYE (edited 02-20-2004).]

Arrowheadslayer or crappy or whatever. I thought when it came to making friends and influencing people I was the worst ever. After reading your well thought out post I realized you are a cut above me. Your sensibility and compassion should be studdied and admirred by all(until they sober up). With the traffic on Red it is a good thing they have wide roads. I wonder if you were in the group that followed in my tracks and then setup right in them as to block my wayout.Forcing me to blaze a new trail. I got my limit. Did you? If it wasn't you, you have the same brainpower.

At the risk of stooping to your level (of ArrowheadS), please do not post negative comments about anyone. You don't know the people, you don't know circumstance, you just want to be heard, and no one wants to hear it! Keep it positive!!!

I must say seeing those pics is pretty darn interesting. Seems like alot of folks put in some hard work. As for narrow head or whoever he is, well I think you guys have said it just fine.

I probably don't even belong in this forim. I got a cabin on French lake in Faribault,Mn. A long ways from you guys. But from what you all say it sounds like the grader owner is one heck of a great guy. With the world the way it is it sure is nice to know there is a few nice people out there still. As far as arrowhead goes...I wonder if he'd even go to his own parents funeral? Have agreat day . And way to go for sticking up for him. Just curious did insurance cover any of the cost?

Just remember the old saying"Remain silent and let people think you're stupid,than speak and remove "ALL DOUBT" YEEEEEHAAAAH
Good Fishin' Jigster

[This message has been edited by JIGSTER (edited 02-21-2004).]

[This message has been edited by JIGSTER (edited 02-21-2004).]

Arrowhead,
I have been up to red a bunch. The people at red are nice that is if you are nice to them, kinda like the rest of the world. I spend my time in front of my computer to learn how to be a better fisherman. I want to meet and fish with some of the FMers, you are not at the top of my list.

Nice job on getting the grader out !!!!
How much do I owe??

ArrowHead, i don't know where you get your info from but i have seen a 40,000pound back hoe on lake of the wood (pine iland)he was making a road so the trucks could get though and i think there was just the right amount of ice for vesty five feet of ice is enough for a 50,00lbs what ever to drive out on the ice .......by the way i'm from Staples
just my two cents ..

[This message has been edited by HARDWATER (edited 02-22-2004).]

[This message has been edited by HARDWATER (edited 02-22-2004).]

ArrowWHO!
People "UP NORDT" are the best! So Arrow who,
maybe stay south, I mean way south! Kinda do
mean this in a nice sort of way also OK!

To Mark Bieganek: Just wondering how you've been doing on URL lately? reply here or [email protected] I'm planning on doing a fish trip soon and maybe we can hook up! Bruce Mosher

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

In keeping with the forum rules I have one question - Is it okay to personally attack someone that has personally attack someone?

I would think not, but seems to be okay. Some people going after Arrow are doing it within the forum rules but others are basically arrow with a different screen name.

Just my two cents worth

------------------
I like Tail

Ive been reading the post here for a long time and enjoy all the posts and info you all give and untill now havent had the urge to register and post my thoughts. I have family at url (I live down south) I come up as much as I can with small ones (3) i dont make it up as much as I should!! right hal!!!
But I just wanted to let all those folks who dont know the locals and just think their in it for the money their wrong. Its different up there, people rely on each other, the saying what comes around goes around live true up there.Ive met vesty a few times but the one time he saved us was 2 years ago when we got snowed in on sat, couldnt get out on our cabin rd. Halad called vesty to see if there was any way he could help us out as I had to get back to the citys early on sun. Hal told me not to plan on gettig out til sun nite or mon but at 5:30 am on sun that trusty old grader and vesty came a chuggin down the road!!!! I was really happy and wanted to pay him but I was told put my money away.Well what comes around... I will also help vesty out $$$$ (if he"ll let me) As for arrowhead Im sure he dosnt have a clue. Ill be up to the big lake on fri to try to catch a few. Kelly P. Hal said he try to find you to see if ya had any openings this weekend.Look him up if ya do. See ya fri Hal.. phil

One word discription of Arrowhead " CITIDIOT "! mad.gif These types of people are all the same . We all know one or have seen their ignorance and holy than thou attitudes before. Most of them are from Metro areas, hence the name. Very rarely you will find a "CITIDIOT" not living in a metro area.Most are born, raised, and never leave the metro areas. Beware once they do!!! they do stupid things like buy their retirement home next to a pig farm and complain about the smell! Odds are that this joker lives on or near a lake that has homes or cabins with FAILING Septic Systems. How About Cleaning Up Your Own Backyard First Arrow? Or better yet.Maybe you should not come to Red any more.How did you get to Red Lake(or work even) anyhow? Ride your bike? driving there certainly adds to the growing problem of POLLUTION !How about keeping your tree hugging( find a better TP yet?)attitude with your own kind.
To the Ibots clan and the rest of you decent folks up there. Thanks for doing what needs to be done for the rest of us people to enjoy the fishing on Red. Please remeber that not all folks from the metro areas have the same attitudes as Arrow. Lots of people in metro areas dont want to be there but are for employment.