• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i.b.o.t. fest sign up here!!

jigglestick

U.J. How long you expect me to hold your "special" card? Get your domestic duties or whatever is geting in your way done early and head up. I even got Mrs. Labs, Zach and Hunter coming up for the activities. Good Luck! See ya' Saturday...

Ken

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jigglestick

• Hastings gal

• LABS4ME

• NINETOE

Just made it back from the ball tourny. whoa, I'm going to be sick all week after that three day trip. I'll be drinking pop this weekend. 5 games ,3 mud football games, three nights of bonfires and 100 beers makes Roadkill a sore and ill boy. I think I had fun thought. Hey the wheeler (garbage) trip sounds like a go. I talked to the boys up there and they said it shouldn't be problem. I'll get the time figured out and where we'll all meet.Probably sat.around noon. Jiggle call 9toe asap----612-670-1622 we may have another option for you

it has come to mind, that there are many that do not, for what ever reason read, but do not post on the forum. for those of who fall into this catogory, feel free to just show up, eat and drink, and say hi smile.gif
if you would like , you can contact me via email, which may be less painful grin.gif
it is [email protected]
things are coming together nicely. lets have some fun!!
toes, i will shoot you...a call right away grin.gif

------------------
summer is just the dog days of winter jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

if anyone needs wood for a campfire free, we have plenty, dont haul it, its only 2 minutes away-- ninetoes and jigglestick know where its at in front of the cabin by the fish house;

NOTICE:
it has been brought to my attention, that we have had another offer we should consider. the fine people at west wind bar(the unofficial home of the I.B.O.T., at least til the peramid shaped temple is completed). they have offered up hot and cold running water, electricity, shelter if needed, and a ice cold keg of training fluid!! grin.gif just say ah!!
toes,labs and myself have talked this matter over, and decided to throw it out to the masses. if folks still want to stay at the campground,and shuttle back and forth, that could work. we are currently checking on camping possibilities right at west wind. they have a nice spot cleared out by the lake, with sand beach for swimming.

if anybody would have a problem with this idea/plan, then by all means let us know asap. we finaly had this thing carved in stone, and we hate to throw out this curve ball, but it is truly a grand offer.
feed back is welcome, and if all in favor....

thankyou all for your patience, and support.

one more thing, we are coming up with ideas for the kids games etc. like a good old fashion game of kick I.B.O.T., and pin the tail on the I.B.O.T., and an I.B.O.T. throwing contest. any other ideas, were all ears smile.gif

------------------
summer is just the dog days of winter jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

The girlfriend and I will be there for the big event on saturday. Jiggles, we won't be there til the early afternoon but is there anything that we could bring. I have access to ice. or whatever the needs are, just let me know.

IBOT #2

Judy came home with 3 bags of goodies for kids drawing's and more tommorow, frizbes, water shooters,water balloon's, side walk chalk, candy fun, fun dough,( FOR Putz to play with), more coming

my daughter just asked if she could get a haircut like the boy's. i said no, and she just begs and begs. mama is out picking raspberries.hmmmmm...... nope, better not. you all would be calling dead stick for sure.
russ and judy.
the things you have lined up sound just great. we have to take care of the kids. they are the ones that will be changing our diapers someday. at least that's what i keep telling j.j. grin.gif we will keep them busy. they will sleep good.

------------------

Just ONE Keg????????

Jigglestick,

Given that we were trying to avoid stepping on any toes, showing favoritism, or otherwise alienating anyone when the Metro Chapter chose the ballpark it’s a good offer. I’ll be driving my old cream/blue motor home so I’ll be happy anywhere it’s flat.

Perhaps a call to the other hospitality industries in Washkish – explaining that we avoided the Hillman Weekend and picked the ballpark to avoid promoting one business over another or generating conflict with the Hillman weekend – then outlining to them the West Winds generous offer and so on… Then asking for their blessing to move to WW would soothe the souls?

It’s supposed to be hot. The beach would be nice.

You guys spend more time up there than I do – Do what’s best for everybody. Make the call and let us know.

Russ...come on 'fess up, Judy dug those 3 bags of goodies out of your closet! wink.gif Really tho' thanks to you guys up front for thinking of the wee-bots...I'll also try to remember to bring some things up for them to get into trouble with... grin.gif

I think the Westwinds will work out grand! Bring your kids swim trunks as they do have a sandy shore, Tim is being very hospitable in helping us out with the things needed to make this a great day! (shade tent, tables chairs etc.) so when you see him make sure you tell him thanks!

Well gotta get back to the salt mine...see ya' on Friday/Saturday. Ken

The Hubby and I like to distribute our monies while visiting URL to all. We eat at WW, we store our shack at Hudecs, we drive Hillmans road. We have stayed at Hudecs in a room also stayed in our RV there also. We purchase our forgotten items (Olives for my beer) from Hillmans. This weekend we are staying at a cabin at WW. I believe there may be less mosquitoes with a slight breeze off the lake - this could be wishfull thinking on my part. I second Greg's response - do what you think is best. One question for you - does WW have a dock/launch for our boat?

Judy - I also picked up 2 kids toys for the kids games. Thanks for the firewood I will bring some smores fixins!

Could there be a poker run of some sorts to all of the facilities? I have access to alot of cards if needed. The prize could be everyone that wants to go on the poker run put in a few bucks and the winner would take all. Just a thought to spread out the business.

The garbage pickup is at Noon on Saturday? I thought the piggy was going to be ready around 1:00.
Keep smiling.

We have a 50 foot river lot accross the street from the old sunset if anyone would like to park there boat there. It is a long block from westwinds. Had no takers on the cabins as of yet? Guess everyone has made arrangements. The skitters and flys have not been to bad this year. I have seen them alot worse.

I talked to Tim yesterday and camping/swimming down at the lake will be no problem. Theres plenty of room for parking , tables , chairs tents and such just south of the bait store. Theres some shade trees as well. Tim also had some IBOT banners made up so there shouldnt be any confusion where were at. Hastings Gal , the lake is pretty shallow so I dont think you could get your boat up to shore. Cookie just volunteered a spot not that far to tie up to though.

------------------
" chaos , panic and disorder ... my work here is done. "
Upper Red Lake Area Association Member
I.B.O.T. # 013

Ninetoe, thanks. Another question - where is the old sunset? Cookie129 Thank you for the invite I thought you meant trailered boats to park. Silly me. When we put our boat in at the River we usually go down closest to the ballfield/campground is this still the best ramp? Keep Smiling.

prosdaughter,
the mombots will be there in full force.the kids will be priority. sorry you can't make it. next time?

------------------

I've got a sister getting married in May, that will probably be our next trip, maybe we can at least have a meeting in the cities then? It's still a long ways off. Otherwise, whenever you want to have a Seattle chapter meeting just let me know!

Jigglestick - thanks for the info on fishing for big pike on Red. I hope to have the chance to give it a try next week! My curiosity has got the best of me: what is an I.B.O.T.?

------------------
"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin

Better yet--
Show up on Saturday and you can find out in person.
Keep Smiling.

I was afraid that a question like that might stir up a hornet's nest..... I am not committing to anything until I find out what it stands for!!! grin.gif I probably won't be able to make it on Saturday, but I will be up that way early next week....

------------------

FB86, Ok, Ok I guess I'll have get this started. An IBOT is, well we're kind of the Chamber of Commerce of the lake.If we can't help you,one of us will know someone who will. We're a fellow fisherperson with no know degree of expertise. We IBOT'stick togetherand let everyone know where the fish are biting and what they're biting on. A helping hand,comrade,friend,beer buddy. Ok I'm winded already, someone elses turn to add to this.Oh Ya and if you buy one of us a few beers and do some sweet talking we may even tell you where kelly P's houses are. Just kidding Kelly.

have you ever heard of the Bermuda triangle, lost people, lost items in a certain area, well there is a triangle area on Red very large, that takes ice augers out of moving trucks,and bends them like pretzels, people , lost and cant find there way on or off with out guidence, accidents of great magnitude between vehicles for no reason, people sleeping in toilets and still catching fish out of the same holes, lost soles on four wheelers at 38 below not feeling pain, chairs that just break when your sitting on them, new fish locators that fly to the snow and end up in pieces, but still work, gps's that worked going out but not back--the T stands for triangle, most of us have been there, the rest is up to someone else; snapfizzzzzzzzzzzz

did you hear about the plane that was lost on lower red? some say poor judgment, i say we know the real reason shocked.gif
it is a force not to be taken lightly.ask bryce about the night he was nearly sucked through the ice. i saw the scars!! a
place not fit for man nor auger. it can be harmless as a pussycat at times, then for no known reason, cock it's head and ROAR LIKE A LION!!!
yet for some, it is just another days outing. ones who know, respect, and yes sometimes fear the forces of said triangle, but choose to endure, and subject themselves to the rigors and hardships that are common within the realm of the upper red lake triangle. they know that found in the center of this beast lies a treasure. not a treasure of gold or other monetary worth, but a treasure worth far more. travel within, and if you are succesful in your venture, you will come out. out with alot more than you went in with. you will have discovered among the masses who have ventured out before you, a brother hood. an INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TRIANGULISTS!!

------------------

Hasting gal the sunset is just past the westwind on the left. Cant miss it. There is a driveway across the street next to the yellow house. When you go down the driveway, are lot is to the left, there are 2 fish houses to the left and a big blue blue fish house on the river. There is a dock and a small beach area to park boats.

It sure sounds like you guys are going to have a great weekend. I just made my Seattle to Minnesota pilgrimage for the summer, so although I'd love to, I can't make it. Just make sure someone limits their training fluid consumption enough to watch all the wee-bots and other ibots! Fill those of us who miss the festivities in on how it goes.

Hey everybody! I will be coming up for the ibot, but will be arriving before the camper does on thursday night. Where would be a good place to set up the tent in the dark and crash?

A small suggestion on the wheeler trip, I have been on the north shore and did not see as much garbage as I saw on the south east shore. If you go down the Kansas city road the 3rd right is where shorty Hillman was raised.My dad owned that lake front before he passed away If you follow that turn you can drive right up to the lake. You can then follow the shore all the way down to West wind. You will end up going in front of lake homes but by then you will have so much trash that you could not offend anyone.

Thank you very much for the enlightenment!! I have only fished URL once, but I think I can appreciate the situation you are describing. I did have an omimous feeling when we drove out on the lake. I just thought it was the burritos from the night before. Is there a favored haunt up there where the IBOTs frequent? If so, I may have to poke my head in and buy a round next week. I am thinking I will go up Monday afternoon, weather permitting.

------------------

we have permission to park an item on wheels in Westwinds parking lot for inspection, (cant say more or that Eagle Eye Rick will delete this message) see some of you Friday eve