• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i.b.o.t. fest sign up here!!

jigglestick

H.G. You will always be our #59. Didn't we tell you....everyone is getting there # tattoo'd on there arms that weekend! wink.gif I better get busy on making up some new cards, sounds like we may have some new recruits at the fest. Good Luck! Ken

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jigglestick

• Hastings gal

• LABS4ME

• NINETOE

i will start writing down on paper, items people are bringing, as to keep a rough list, only to see if something was grossly overlooked. the beans sound great!
H.G.-- let me know what you are bringing one more time, or i can just scroll back(which i will do anyways) and look at the posts. it would be nice if every one could bring something, but i think that would be overkill. if the S.O.B.O.T.'s (spouses of the I.B.O.T.'s) would chime in, or some how let me know.
any kind of salads, or hot dish's(well allmost any kind grin.gif ) if any body has a pop-up awning or any other kind of shade device. i have one, and it takes up no room, and sets up quick. not sure how many chairs are available, but a few lawn chairs might not be a bad idea. not sure how many tables are available either, but anything would help. i know we have some of each, but just trying to play safe. plates and beer--er beverage cups forks spoons etc sounds like H.G. has that covered? pipe on in here, and i will put pen to paper, and compile this list. we will fine tune as we go.
message to any one with a suggestion, contribution,question, or gripe, either email me or call me. [email protected]
218-246-8321
one week, counting down smile.gif

------------------
summer is just the dog days of winter jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

ooops; i almost forgot,ROADKILL-- #5 2xl(that way we get the wise cracks out of the way grin.gif j.j. #11 xl. let us know how much $
thanks, the stick.

------------------
summer is just the dog days of winter jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Here is what I can bring
Garbage Bags & Can
Monster Cooler with Some Ice (will fit like 50 bags I think Heck I can even fit in it! smile.gif)
5 Table covers
120 foam plates
100 Beverage cups
100 silverware forks, spoons, knives
Watermellon & Muskmellon
30 Juice packs (Better than Fruit punch could possible turn into a Whappetoee)
**Our Motorhome has a 17' awning but we are not bringing it up.
Keep Smiling.

Greetings,

What time are we gathering at the ball park??? I suppose that depends on Friday nights training fluid consumption! I'll be staying in Funkley friday night and training down there so I don't wanna get up any earlier than necessary.

Hastings Gal - Putting you in the cooler huh? Would that be like a wet T-Shirt contest sorta thing? Great Idea!

Jigglestick - When you get your list compiled let me know what you are missing and I'll fill in one of the gaps.

Roadkill - Heck of a lot easier to make the shirts all the same (no numbers). That way what doesn't sell next weekend can be sold to new members as the membership swells into the thousands.

Will I need an extension? See ya Saturday.

DB, Ill check it out this weekend and let you know. So heres what Ill find out.

Tent
keg
tables and chairs
electric at field

------------------
" chaos , panic and disorder ... my work here is done. "
Upper Red Lake Area Association Member
I.B.O.T. # 013

Well Hello dya! Mrs. Bow and me may just be up for some heady fun next weekend and I here tell 'bout "thar's a IBOT-fest a goin' awn!!" Where it be, When it be, seems like a melee' fer sure and that may be just our cup o'tea! I, too have a mega-cooler 128 quart or somethin' like dat, I could bring, or more stuff too if needed. Jus' need the skinny, I may be out scoutin' bow-deer in that area and would love to slap fins with my brethren and sistren, if I can get all the planets in line, err, close. Lemme know the details and I 'pol-o-gize if'n I a missed it all in one of the earlier posts. Don't know if'n I got one of dem IBOT numbers but I'm up fer the initiation! Keep the training fluid cold!

Ninetoe: Nope - the kraut wouldn't cut his hair so we sent him back to the Father Land at the end of the school year. He WAS a good shat we'll miss him this fall.

Where's the ball field - what time?

Greg , the ball field is over by the access on the east side of the highway. Take the first right after the river, then take another right and youll see it. The talk is eating at 1pm... I would guess there will be some consumption prior to that though! smile.gif

------------------
I.B.O.T. # 013

W O W
PUTZ

------------------
I.B.O.T.#03 and counting
I'm sure glad that I have the day off

Jiggle, as discussed this morning I got the innard fixins for Porky,(I'll even bring an alarm clock so we get up early enough to get him on!) and I'll bring up the foil pans for the meat. I will also bring up the ceremonial cartoon of Milwaukee Special Res. amber-dark-light-pale-ale-lager-pilsner-bock-stoudt-honey-cherry-berry-red-bavarian cream-beer! smile.gif Haven't had one in along time. Bet it'll make that pig roasting time go by so fast you'll think it's in a microwave! grin.gif Just don't drink to many, or you may think the Pig is talking to you! Only a couple days left to go....see everyone soon!

Ken IBOT #1

Clamping....It's whats for dinner!

P.S. To Tom Bow and all the other IBOT Pledges, show up anytime during the afternoon, food, fun and clamping! All this without snow! grin.gif Start warming up now by building up your calouses ! Nothing worse than that virgin skin getting clamped for the first time! Good Luck! See you soon! Ken

Greg , yes you will need an extention....Are you bringing the Kraut with you?

------------------
I.B.O.T. # 013

we will bring, propane and cooker, with a couple 2 and 3 gallon pots to cook in that fit great on it

H.G.-- frown.gif

G.G.-- i like your interpretation of the cooler, at least the way your mind works.that way mine doesn't have to work so hard grin.gif

TOES-- i thought at first i read "greg, yess you will need amunition" to much coffee allready this morning.
did you find any thing out on the tent thingy? let me know, thanks.

is there power over at the ball field? we have at our disposal a couple of generators. one for sure. anybody else?
is there sound ordinance?
i was thinking about running down to mexico quick and seeing if i could get my old fishing buddy sammy haggar to come and rip up the place. if not, maybe i could talk david and eddie into burying the hatchet and drop on by for a little reunion gig? thoughts here?

------------------

I've also partied with Sammy, small world!
Here's a recap of what Jiggle and I soberly discussed this am. (that was a first!)
he has the hog and roaster all set
Here’s what I got lined up and anybody else can bring a salad to pass and we should be good to go.
charcoal 5 20lb bags

all the aluminum pans needed for meat and for the beans

A bunch of Chips

I will do 3 gallons of dressed up beans (Gar) I already have everything so thanks but don’t worry about it

Mustard, BBQ Sauce and a bunch of salt and pepper shakers already set

12 doz fresh bakery sandwich buns and a B-day Cake for PUTZ and Hastings Gal

I'll bring my knife set up and will handle carving along with Captain Jiggle,

We do however need the following

SHADE TENT 9-Toe you had a contact on that one please pursue it and let me know by Monday where we are at just leave a vmail on my cell if I’m not around.

ICE (you can always use more ice!)

OK outa here great weekend to all and see you soon.
Almost Always Smiling DB IBOT #69

roadkill, if you are still working on the shirts, kibbles-n-bits wants one also.2xl #55
while i'm thinking about it, brother goose wants one. xl #04.
are you going to need some money up front to cover these things? let me know. thanks

------------------

well, as every one is getting over their self induced comas from the hillman blast, my weekend of obligatory pains in the a$$ is but a memory. it wasn't that bad i guess. managed to up my tolerance a little smile.gif
the kids have their cerimonial official I.B.O.T. haircuts grin.gif i'm not sure how long the silent treatment will last, but at least i didn't cut my daughters hair HEHEHE. i think i would not have to worry about the silent treatment shocked.gif if i had done that. even got the neighbor kid grin.gif hope his mom doesn't see it. i told him he should wear a base ball cap when he goes home. i think they are all out spraying on miracle grow on the backs of their heads. i was laughing so hard i could hardly finish.

there are some things after i compiled the list of things people are bringing, that we could use.
they are
potatoe salad
macaroni salads
bars/ cookies
soda's/juice boxes for the kids--h.g. i know you are bringing some, i just figured a few more would not hurt. i think there will be plenty of kids there.
tin foil,
if possible, mark your containers so we can get them back to you afterward.
any ideas, last minute thoughts , let me know. we have a couple of dining canopies, but a couple more wouldn't hurt. i know we will make this work.

for those looking to stay at the camp ground, they are first come first served basis. i called them saturday. there should be plenty of room, i will have the barge there for shuttle service.

thanks again, jigglestick

------------------

Great Idea!

Encourage your kids to bring a football, bat and ball, kickball, jump rope, hulla hoop, or whatever they like to play with that can be shared with the other youngsters.

The bubbles was a great idea! smile.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

hey you coming now u.j.??? or are you still stuck baby sitting a pile of 2x6's with shingles on top. sorry i'm just jealous wink.gif
i think the house will be just fine, come on up, if even just for the day. you can run the hulla hoop contest. ever try hulla hooping withg a three sided hulla hoop???

------------------

Just a couple of thoughts
Bring your own chairs - extra's if you have them.
Make sure to bring bug spray or did all of the state birds disappear grin.gif. Better yet does anyone have the Misquitoe Deleto by Coleman? I do have a bottle of Misquito Beater it works good - you can buy it at Walmart or Ace Hardware stores kinda spendy though.
Is there enough dry firewood for a possible campfire?

Make sure to remember sunscreen - I am throwing a bottle in the boat as well as the truck forgot it on the 4th at Mille Lacs - paying for it too.

Did the shoreline clean up ever materialize if so when is it? Should the four wheeler be in the back of the truck this trip or are there enough up there or on the way?

Is there going to be a Guest sign in sheet? It would be nice to have an ongoing list for future IBOT get togethers.
Keep Smiling only 88 hours until we leave.

[This message has been edited by Hastings gal (edited 07-21-2003).]

H.G. will the PUTZ hauler do ? every I.B.O.T. has to sign it. Brolaw is comming up tomorrow afternoon then were headed up to Jigglesticks to get things rollingggggg.
PUTZ grin.gif

------------------
I.B.O.T.#03 and counting
I'm sure glad that I have the day off

HG all good ideas and thinking about the kids was cool russ, you both are allright!

I think it would be cool to get everyones email on a sheet and we could do broadcast emails to announce future functions and metro chapter meetings. A list of cell numbers would also be cool, that way when 9-Toe gets stuck (again) he can speed dial for help.

Still smiling dancing bear counting down the days

a sign in book was on my list, but i was trying to think about what to use to be proper. just a note book? i don't know.

H.G. if your 4 wheeler will fit into the back of your rig, then by all means, bring it. don't worry putz the hauler will get plenty of autographs. i have the ideal trailer to pull along for trash, but not sure how to get it there. i will cross that bridge when i get there.
another idea that was brought to light by brother labs, was the buddy system for kids. if they have a friend they can bring for the weekend, and you have room, bring them along to help keep them occupied. we love new recruits. there will be plenty of kids either way, some just feel more comfortable with a buddy they know, amongst strangers.

now as this thing draws nearer, i would like to make clear, one of our members who has been pretty absent from this planning phase should be in now way left out. there are many people who are looking forward to seeing/meeting him. i would like to make a personal request for ole number 7 to do his best to find time in his hectic schedule to show up, and help us kill the hog, and training fluid. as i recall, i can't say i remember seeing him clamp either....??? shocked.gif
tic toc...tic toc....oh the anticipation smile.gif

------------------

Jiggle, We'll be there on thurs. some time.Can't wait to get back to Gods country!I need a 2x shirt,thanks any way!hahaha! I'm bringing Mrs Goose and the Mega Wee Bot(Derek).
Putz, Happy B-day a little late!Will you be at Jiggles on thursday?I have permenent paint markers for the Putz hauler sighning.And I think there is a present for you in the back of the Red Dodge!See everyone in a few days!

The Gooseslayer I.B.O.T.#4

Being jigglestick gave me the invite. The least I could do is offer some free lodging, We have 2 modern cabins here in Waskish on the lake. They both are set up with 1 single and 1 double bed. If anyone would be interested they need to contact me as soon as possible. Cookie

Meeting me isn't that great. Just ask kelly-p and Halad. wink.gif

Still don't think I'll be making it frown.gif...But I have made spur of the moment decisions before and raced to Red Lake.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Since there going to be several future young fishermen and young fisher ladys there , under the leagle age, there going to get kind of board, so were bringing several bottles of bubbles, a few color books and crayons, a floating tube, etc for the younger ones drawing box,(were looking at ages) 3-10 , a Russ&Judy cap or 2 for adult drawing, or inbetween ages box ages 11- to past Putz's age;
we may have opened a pandoras box , but what the heck!!! its for the kids too, right?

jigglestick; we will bring some potatoe salad, and a macroni salad, and some bars plus we have a canopie 12by 20 I think, will be there Friday AM If you need anything, let me know. GAR