• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bushwacker

New to the lake and could use some pointers!

Bushwacker

Four of us are heading up this weekend for our first Red Lake experience. Like normal, it sounds like we are a day late and a dollar short. But we are optomistic. Any pointers would help. Is there any techniques that would improve our chances of hooking into a big northern-Tip-ups or just crappie minnows? Is it worth trying to find the cribs for crappies? Thanks for any tips.

Bushwacker

bump

Northsider #13

Ask at any of the resorts and they will do their best to put you on crappies. Bring your tip ups and some sucker minnows and/or shiners. Fish between a few feet off the bottom and a few feet under the ice. They will find you!

>')))))))><

Brian

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      About the Rusties... I thought I posted this but it must have gone away with the server glitch.  Rusties have made it through oak narrows and are marching west. To the best of my knowledge they haven't gotten as far as Wakemup so Norwegian and HeadOlakes are still free of them.  When they get to us, I have my crab boil, trap, and old bay ready.  I figured trapping them east and importing them west might get me in trouble.   I can wait.   
    • DRAGFOOT
      Me too, going up for the week of July 4th for cabin projects and fishing and maybe some trail riding on the SxS. Oh, maybe some R&R and Coors Light too.
    • jigginjim
      I also have a ICIH, with a loud ac unit, would like to see a thermostat for it but most of time time I have house plugged into 120 volt outlet.
    • Hoey
      Wow - 7 days of posts gone.  Seems like more than that.  Oh-well.  My next trip is a week and a half away.
    • Parmer
      Thanks for the info. I will look into getting a control box. 
    • rundrave
      Per Rick on HSO they switched to a new server. Had a glitch in the database that lost a couple days of posts on HSO and FM
    • Capt. Quicksteel
      Good luck fishing. It's a great way to spend retirement!
    • PSU
      Does anyone know where the more recent posts have gone? There were some posts from earlier in the week. BTW, not seeing any more floating dead minnows.....
    • guideman
      I had my last official guide trip Monday and Tuesday and we fished for Smallmouth bass. It was one of my regulars that I have fished with for over 10 years. George and I have caught 100's of Smallies over the years and this year was no different. We boated around 65 bass in two days in less than perfect conditions. Most were on topwater baits of one kind or another and the rest were taken on crank baits. I wasn't able to fish to much so George caught most of the fish. I know I will miss guiding and the friends I have made over the years. I guess I'll just have to fish more to get over all the time spent guiding.   Have a great season everybody. "Ace"   "It's just fishing man"  
    • monstermoose78
      Any new hot jigs coming out yet?