• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lures

BUDDAH

Has anyone had any luck with hotheads. This has been my jig of choice for the last couple years, and never had any complaints.

the number 4 red glow tick by phelps is my first choice. plain glow or red glow angel eye jr. being second.

------------------
keep a firm grip on your jigglestick!......jigglestick

Thanks for the reply Jigglestick, I have only fished URL for the last couple years and have no complaints about driving 100 miles to enjoy the atmosphere. Have never had a chance to stop in at WW and enjoy the drinks with any of you guys, but hope to in the future, as will be down to put house out and fish. We store house at Hillmans--best people ever. Well enough for now.

I'm partial to Phelps cause Jack and Denny and Matt hung with this town after the walleyes collapsed. Sometimes they rented a house but didn't even bring their rods. smile.gif Tonight their "Glo tubes" or "Glo Hooks", (what ever they call it) in white kicked butt.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Buddah, what are Hillmans rates for storing a fish house over the summer??
Do you know if there are other resorts or places that store houses??
THX
Kevin

Kelly - Yes, we did hang with Waskish through the good and the bad. Some of the bad was pretty bad. Those fish houses can get kinda scary when you don't have a rod in one hand to slow you down from grabbing for the cans more often.We won't start on that subject again. I know my dad first started selling Shorty Hillman tackle about twenty-five years ago. I am not sure which you were using, but the Glow Tubes can be used with hooks,jigs, or whatever. The Glow Hooks come with Glow Tubes on them. They both work great.Jigglestick, I am glad to hear you are trying the Tick Jig. Hope to see you up there sometime.Possibly at WW for a cocktail.

Matt Phelps

So where does one find these tick jigs? I live in the north metro area.

---------

Fishn'Lady

Buddah:

I too use hotheads, and have enjoyed very good success with them as an anchor jig for crappie minnows. Is this how you use them, or do you actually jig with them? I have thought of doing so, with the horizontalaspect of the jig, but haven't gotten around to it yet...

eyes317

PP ANGLER We store our house at Hillmans for 50 dollars for the summer. Very reasonable rate, I know Rogers stores also, but dont know the rate.

Buddah

Stoneeyes317 I also use them as anchors for crappie minnows on one line and jig with the other, using angel eyes or small grub jigs of all different colors.

Buddah

I am anticipating the bite picking up. Sounds like guys are getting limits while others are getting skunked. Surely worth the gamble in my eyes!

"sought da' fish?"

[This message has been edited by Insought4Fish (edited 01-18-2003).]

MJP,
Do you know if you guys have a good supply of these jigs and glow hooks at S&W in Brainerd.

[This message has been edited by emtbucket (edited 01-20-2003).]

emtbucket - I don't believe S&W has them. I know that Koep's has the Glow Tubes that you can put on hooks.Tell Cliff at S&W to give me a call to get some in. If he is still around anyway. I haven't talked to him since last spring. You can get them many other places from Bemidji and up north. Thanks.

Matt

I have been using the angeleyes (pink&white)its been doing pretty well.

Is the Angeleye the same as the AngeleyeJR. or is the Jr. a smaller lure????
Thanks and Good Luck
Lock and Load !!!!

Yes there is a difference. The Angeleyes are pretty big... I'd say 2 1/2" long??? The JR's are roughly an inch shorter. My guesstimates could be way off.... just to lazy to go look right now.

------------------
-FNC

"Hell froze over last week... glad I brought the Vex"

The Angel Eye Jr's are smaller than the regular Angel Eyes (and yes, the pink and white as well as the red have been producing). Just looked on the rack on the wall and measured them, the Jr. is about 1 1/2"~they come 12 on a card (although we do sell them individually), the regular Angel Eyes are six on a card. The Glow Devils come either 1/4 or 1/8 oz.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Is anybody using and catching fish on Custom Jigs & Spins Demons?

------------------
Tuli

tulikow, I use them all the time. I have 4 rods rigged right now and two of them have Demons. Put some Spikes, Waxies or eurolarve on them. In my opinion there the best jigs.

I agree with Kidd.....I only use Demon jigs when I go up there. Get the big ones...I get better hook-ups with them. I may catch a few fish on other jigs and spoons...but by far the Demon jigs is my favorite. Use a crappie minnow hooked through the back.

Drake,
I ordered some Angel Eye Jr's off the website (twice - one time by phone) and didn't see any sign on there of the full size Angel Eye, but I think I got the full size ones. Are those measurements including the hook? I couldn't figure out how you guys were catching crappies on such a big lure. I went back and they still just show two different cards of Jr's - all glow and a mixed card. Not a major problem cuz they make a nice walleye lure, but I would like to get the Jr's before I make the trek to Red.

salger65,

If there are 12 on the card then you got the Jr.'s, if there are only 6 then you got the full size. Yes, you do catch URL crappies on walleye jigs. The crappies are that big! It's like lipping a largemouth bass.

Salger~The easiest way to tell if you have the Angel Eyes or the Jr's is by how many came on a card. The Angel Eyes come six to a card, the Angel Eye Jr.s are 12 on a card. (I had wondered the same thing because we had not had the A.E.'s before and the card they come on doesn't say "Jr"...but that's the difference) smile.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Thanks for the input guys - I've always used the smallest swedish pimple so jr's just looked big compared to those. But then again the crappies up there "look" big compared to the ones around here!! I must have the jr's then and I look forward to making it back to Red & rippin some lips with 'em. I haven't been up there for a whole year and am going into withdrawl.......