• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jigglestick

gps coordinates!!!

jigglestick

are you all ready??!! it's like kelly said the coordinates that you usually get are most likely old news. unless your buddy was just up there last night and hammered the crappies at said location. and even that is no guarantee- believe me! some times they can work out great! what can i say. the lake is pretty much a big bowl, and it seems there is no rhime or reason to where the fish are or why. what i do like to do is mark certain areas where certain conditions exist, such as depth, bottom(ie mud, sand, cribs). there are coords for the cribs posted on the url assn website, so i wont waste my time on them. although once you find their location, your work has just begun. at least you have the vexilar and cameras now days to help identify what you are looking at and how you are situated according to the crib itself. a piece of paper and pencil will help you make sense of it all. and the quickness of shooting through the ice with the flasher will speed up the process tremendously.personally i have only fished the cribs (north set) one time, as i have just had good luck every where else.
the biggest problems people face is lack of confidence. and the fact that there is no guarantee, no matter what. my best advice is watch the posts on this site, listen to the advice,directions, and pointers of the access you choose to use. you can litterally park in the middle of nowhere and have just as much, or little luck as any one out there. you can find fish any where from 8-15 feet of water. mud or sand bottom, although mud has produced better for me historicly.
if you feel like i'm not telling you anything, then you are being to narrow minded, because it really is that simple.
what do i do? i just drive out, look around, hold my finger to the gail force winds, and after i catch up with my hat that the wind has so regardlessly tossed from my head, i set up camp because i am so winded that i cannot go any farther!it usually works. maybe if i took off the lead body suit i could run a little faster, but those of you who have seen me in action with out, would not blame me for not taking any chances. the forces are strong.
seriously though,if you still lack confidence even after all this confusion that i have bestowed upon you, just email, and for a small price(michelob, jack daniels,or the good captain morgan will do, although i am still looking for a good replacement for my wiery auger, make cash donations payable to help jigglestick replace his wiery auger fund), i can give you some starting points. i have the last two seasons bad, good, and great locations.
i just want to see people catch fish, and have a good time.
it's gonna be a great week end! ask around to find me on the lake. the camper and the six point lodge in play! good luck all.
ddoree@paulbunyan.net
------------------
keep a firm grip on your jigglestick!......jigglestick

[This message has been edited by jigglestick (edited 01-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by jigglestick (edited 01-16-2003).]

Surface Tension

Forget the GPS coord's, Just give me the area code to Red lake! grin.gif

jigglestick

i could only give you the zip code.although i suspect it is 218. smile.gif

------------------

Dancing Bear

I've got to ask, what the heck is the deal on the lead body suit? I see it come up all the time and can't figure out what the heck you guys are talking about.

bigV

DB
yea I guess I kinda wondered about the lead body suit myself. Seems to me though it's the clothes you happen to have on after going to a bunch of work getting set up to fish and keeps you from movin' around much to look for fish. Also after a couple hours fishin' and a couple Windsor cokes,I usually get into a pair of cement overshoes to match the lead body suit?

ATM

What are the gps coordinates to west wind?

LABS4ME

If you have to ask about the lead body suit, you have not experienced the overcoming effects of the "URL triangle". If you don't have a lead body suit to put into play while on RED be afraid...be very afraid...I'm proof of that! grin.gif Jiggle's tailor has tried to make one thick enough for me, but to no avail. My only chance to survive said trips to RED is to stick by Jiggle and use the reverse powers of his suit. Only one problem with that plan...with the negative ions emitting from the said "triangle" towards me (and Jiggle's satalite dish) I can usually make it through the trips fine but it really hampers camp Jiggle's fish tally. We'll give it another go this weekend and see if we can't reverse this trend. See ya up there Sat. Jiggle you gonna have the six-point lodge out to? Did you find another dish? wink.gif

Good Luck! Rip some Lips!

Ken

Dancing Bear

Lab's I'm still confused about the lead suit!
I'm headed up for the 24th -get there late through Sunday the 26th and then we are on to LOW through Tuesday night. Are you going to be around that week?

jigglestick

hey labs, don't need one. all i have to do is position the six point lodge so that it capture the refractive rays emitting from the dish itself on the camper. i just have to adjust for the - or + variable wave factor contributed by the suit. maybe we can't find a lead body suit heavy enough for you, but as you know the longer something has been around the more streamlined and downsized it becomes. i have heard through the grapevine that you can get the same protective power in a dacron braided line of 50 pound test or stronger strung with 1/4 oz water gremlin crimp on sinkers. i am not telling to many people about this yet, as i still have a trunk load of these full size body suits to pedal keep it under you hat
SNAKE OIL HERE!!!

------------------

Slugo

heheheh You guys are INSANE!!! and I mean that in the best possable way....

Jigglestick

You are quite correct on the GPS stuff.
The first time I went up to URL it was in Feb. there was about a foot of water on most of the lake. My fishing partner sees a high spot on the ice with no water on it.
"we'er fishing here" he said You mean check the depth?' "no we are fishing here!"
You mean we just drove 6 f***in hours to pick our spot by a dry spot!!!'

It rained all night thunder and lightning ect..Canvase Ice shacks ain't made for rain by the way. I kept hearing augers running!
How the He** is drilling holes in the rain?
It was the resorts letting the water back into the lake!!

Got to be the wildest ice fishing trip I ever took!

And I tell ya I never cought Crappie like that before or since.

So ya never know just what is gonna be the right spot!

hey Jigglestick where are you going out
of I'd like them fishing lessons this weekend
I'll be up sat a.m. with "the LITE house"
I see your a 49er also Have to meet up & have
a couple REDRIDER

swamptiger

Hey Jigglestick:

Did you ever sell that piece of huntin' ground?

If'n you did, it must be partee time!! grin.gif

NINETOE

DB , forget the lead body suit, too heavy. Try the tin foil hat!

kelly-p

Once upon a time in a land far, far away and long ago,,,,, a night very much like tonight. I E-mailed jigglestick some cordinates. At first light he was miles from where we thought he would be. He should have known I would type one number wrong. shocked.gif Tonight I sent him some more,,,,DAMM I'm gonna miss him. frown.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

LABS4ME

Hey DB, may or may not be up that weekend, (depends on what my bail is with the MRS. after this weekend). Kelly says we should hook-up once, afterhearing some of the tales I don't know if even Waskish is ready for that! grin.gif The lead body suit is your only protection from having one of the mystery's of the URL triangle happen to you. None of the exact coordinates of the triangle have been found, each time we think we are close another event happens outside the previous boundaries. Last spring around the 1st of April it even made landfall rolleyes.gif! So being you only have a few days left before getting back up I strongly urge you to get yourself outfitted. In the event you can't, just take Ninetoes recomendation and wear a foil hat (double strength)!

Good Luck! Rip some Lips!

Ken