• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

URL - Superbowl memory forever

muskybuck

Let me tell you guys about what I will always remember about URL. My son and his wife had been up to URL and caught some nice crappies. A few weeks later my son takes the old man up to URL for some crappie fishing. The anticipation was building and building for days ahead of time. We get up there on the last weekend of ice fishing, Apr. 12. As we are standing on the bank with some other fishermen shooting the gab, waiting for our ATV trailer ride out on the lake, I turned to my son and said, well it looks like another good adventure coming up and he turns to me and says, "I feel like I am getting ready to play in the superbowl". And he did too, I could tell. I laughed and laughed and still laugh today when I think about it. That was one of the best outdoor moments I have ever had. It was at URL and URL will always be special for me for that. We did catch a dozen nice crappies and that was fun. We are going back up again this winter and even if we don't catch a fish that will be special too.
I read this on one of the FM threads this winter and offer it again to the young men and old too I guess who commented in Jigglesticks last thread. By Henry David Thoreau "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after". I printed that out and have it hanging in my office now. I can't wait to sign up on the board at WW. The sooner the better!! Good Fishing.