• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing on url

LABS4ME

I want to apologize for my previous posts here on FM.com, I realize now after reading through some of my comments that I am forgetting the reason this forum was created. It was created for people who love the outdoors, love fishing, and who want to communicate with other folks who love the outdoors just as much as they do. Share hints, tips, and any other information they can use to have an even more enjoyable time fishing here in Minnesota. The only reason for my comments were for sparking conversation - thats all. I hope I didn't offend or upset anyone in any way. I hope everyone accepts my apology and I truly am sorry for my actions. Again, I am glad to see everyone stick up for what they beleive in, and it makes me proud to call myself a Sportsman.

Thank You.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kelly-p

• jigglestick

• PUTZ

• THE GAMBLER

you got a lot to learn. not about fishing, that just comes with time. if you are just saying prikish things just to spark up conversation, then just stop. think before you open your mouth. or maybe just don't open it at all. you have a down your nose attitude, and that is what people see right away. hopefully you learn some manners in the years to come, before some one bops you in your little condescening nose. i think you appolgy is hollow.
if you look back at the posts over the last two months, you will see that nobody has lied or mislead anybody about the bite on url. it has been slower than the past years feeding frenzy, but people are getting crappies. nice ones too! if people sound optimistic, thats just their nature. some thing i'm sure you can't comprehend.
keep your new truck. keep your new clothes. keep your money. it is nothing. i guarantee you there people in waskish who would go out of there way to help someone catch fish.....for free! you just have to be a little nicer than you are to recieve such benefits.
walk softly and carry a big jigglestick!

Bigones, you have a lot to learn about judging people. Your 612 comments may have seemed cute to you at the time but at this point your credibility is zero, when people see your posts they'll be thinking its that dumb kid again just trying to stir the pot and they'll just skip over them. Same with Major, its the guy with alchhol fixation, skip over that one. Good luck you two while the rest of us are having fun. Wish I could be to URL this weekend, sounds like a its going to be a blowout. But I will be up on the 23rd, I'm already looking forward to it! Playing cribbage, drinking beer, talking smart, and hopefully catching a few fish! I can't wait!!!!

Now I know why the fish bite is slow,
KELLY DID IT grin.gif with that brand new big
Ford that aint got no crunch smile.gif
PUTZ

------------------
just cross this line------

[This message has been edited by PUTZ (edited 01-15-2003).]

Blackjack, probably leaving Saturday morning from Norway Lake.... come on. Be fishing Norway the next couple of nights stop by if interested. Charcoal crew cab with tan house.( us 952ers can only afford $35,000 rigs) I've got the secret weapon for the triangle. Labs that help fish instead of driving all over the lake throwing augers and other assorted gear on the ice.

stfcatfish,
Yes I did stretch it a little, it was only $1800 if I did not tell anyone where I bought it. The dealer had it "saved" for me behind his shop where no one could see it. smile.gif When I pulled out with my new treasure he also asked me to go out the back gate. grin.gif If me and Buddy ever hit there will be nothing left but two mounds of rust.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

I for one really appreciate the honesty in the URL posts. The resort owners could easily exagerate the quality of fishing to get more people up there (like I feel they do on LOTW), but they tell it like they see it. Thanks

WOW,,,,, i'll say that backwards >> WOW...

what the heck are some of these people talking about...

IONLY,, the only thing that saucks ,is your attitude!! simply put i think.."i thought it was funny that noone would just come out and say that the fishing hasnt been as good as years past" do you even read posts? or do you just try to get a "sparky" conversation?

you pissed alot of people off.
there are other ways of going trying to get a "sparky" conversation.

anyways, ill tell you 2 things..

1. im not taking your appology.
2.i live in nebraska, 10-12 hours away from url, never been there in my life, but you can bet your behind ill drive there to catch no fish..

matter of fact i am coming up there on around the second weekend in march, and i hope i catch 1 fish. the 1 fish is just for the bonus for driving that far.. lol

anyways, i love reading post here on url and in FM period, tons of good info and chat,not to mention very friendly..
hell half the time i think most of you on here are more friends to me than the ones i got in person.. it just goes to show how minnesotans truly are.. i appreciate it and keep the good talk going..
oh, and you cant forget the the funny azz stories ,lol kellp with your url luck. i think your cursed by the triangle>> lets hope not
just shake alot more and mybe shooks will neutralize the triangle and give you better luck with your new caddilac..
well thats my .02 cents

later everyone.

beaverlakeman

[This message has been edited by beaverlakeman (edited 01-15-2003).]

Hi all, Just a thought when I invite you to my Parade its with the idea of having Fun fellowship sharing and fishing, I have a Major problem if you come and rain on my Parade, because its not for that. I was in Vietnam when I was 20 years old today I meet alot of vets I never knew over there but everyone is my brother we have a common bond.Also I read these posts alot dont post much but its FUN to read whats going on. If you what to hear negative trash turn your TV on. Ive never meet any of the Brothers who post here like Kelly P Jigglestick This Putz guy The Gambler Or Blackjack but I know if I was on Red and needed help or fishing info I would get it from these guys because they care its the fellowship that counts and if you read between the lines thats what their all about some people just dont get it.Also I live in 612 and I do like my Budweiser and I fish with alot of guys that dont drink but we go for not what we do but because its for the friends. I will be going to Red just to meet these guys and to have a pop with them and maybe even Fish. Ha Ha

------------------
Advanced Angler& guide

WOW! What an EPIC thread!

I can't help myself, so I'll make a brief statement--I read the posts on URL almost every day--the "regulars" are all good friends and I get a kick out of your "Banter", it's what friends do with each other.

I was up there mid December for a stopover on our way to LOW and I caught 1-16" Crappie.
I would have loved to had better action but I still got the biggest Crappie since my childhood. We also discovered that the bite on LOW was mainly 10-12 inch 'Eyes and that didn't "pan-out" either. I'm used to going up to LOW and having much better success, but we still had a great time and the people are all great. I chose not to post my "report" for obvious reasons.

OCBF--I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're a young guy and I hope this thread taught you a lesson--save it and someday it will have more meaning.

Well, I guess that must make us all (excluding one or two) fish-alcoholics or is it alcoholicmen, I don't know, now I am confused.

When asked if I had any luck fishing, at least I can say I caught a few POUNDERS and had a blast doing it!!

Bryce, can't make it tonight, maybe tomorrow night? Give me a hint, from the south access, would I head west, north, or east? How is the ice? After previous experiences this year, I'm not too crazy about driving on the ice yet!!!

ScottS -
Depending on your drink of choice, they still sell pounders in miller products.

Lucky I checked this, was just heading out the door. I'll be straight north from the access. Was out there during the warm spell and the ice was good enough to drive on. That area has the best ice on the lake. Everybody else: I out of here . Lots of fish to chase. Hope to meet as many good people up there again as I did last year. Got a great flyer to hang up by the sign in board. Must see for Halad and I believe Jigglestick. (he of the flying auger anyways)

Crappie Killer I love the time out for the young one who catches nothing but big ones. I'm a 763 guy but love the outdoors and URL. I sure wish I could get up there this weekend to meet some of the other "good guys" that post. I know Kelly and have met Little Italy, WW Bartendar and the "Band-Aid Brigade". I have not seen any posts regarding the BB. Last year they were discussing a cabin purchase near the river. Did you/they buy? Kelly, Bro Bubba and I hope to see you on 2/7. I'll get in touch before. Have a great weekend all.

Brian

Kelly-p: It's lookin like me and Brad D and maybe Northlander and maybe Surface Tension and maybe God knows who else are planning something up there for early March. Probably we'll headquarter out of the family cabin on Beltrami and make day fishing/drinking trips to URL.

You going to still be alive by then? grin.gif

And a "thanks again" for putting BD and I in one of your unused houses last year (white is right). We started at 9 a.m. and had our limits by 4:30, as I recall. Man, does that leave a lot of time for beer drinking at WW. Or, in your case, Morgan drinking. cool.gif

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 01-15-2003).]

Looking down the names of posters on this topic just brings a good feeling. A lot of good memories with most of the names. smile.gif Many more to come.
I remember stfcatfish in th white house and always wonder why he didn't change his name to stfperch? grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Well, for my part, I'll take sweet barley pop over sour grapes any day of the week.
Crappies or no crappies.

If you can't catch any fish, maybe you need some lessons.
smile.gif

To: GAMBLER
Thanks for the beverage offer (raincheck?); can't make it back to Red until the 23rd but look forward to meeting you some day. Sounds like a nice weekend coming up, hope you enjoy it.

catchbigones, fI found your behavior on this forum rude and without merit. I'm putting you on time-out. I'll let you know when you can post again smile.gif

IHAVEABIGMOUTH , well you sure stuck your foot in your mouth with that rant! I guess because you work at Gander you know it all huh? Well its obvious that you dont! As far as people treating you a certain way because your from out of town ,well have you ever considered that maybe they treat you that way because of what spills from your mouth? You pretty much offended everyone here with your posts.

------------------

Sorry Big V! I guess when you put it that way it makes more sense. Keeping fish has never been my gig. I enjoy eating it from time to time but I just think it is more important to have those swimmers in there for the next guy. I would go as far to say that I am tainted by fishing a lot in the metro area.
I find bait house guys who are cranky, litter on the lakes, and pike spearers that stick carp if they come by just to get action. I listened to some youger bucks hoot and holler all day out on Marion last Sunday and take just about every pike they managed to get a hook into. I am sure if they even were cut up for a meal they will be covered in freezer burn this time next year.
As we all know, it is increasingly more difficult to find places to fish and hunt. Outdoorsmen, if you want to call them that, argue with tighter regulations and slot limits. Whine about no deer or no fish when they abuse the resource. I am rather new to the forum as you can see by my number of posts. I now realize that I am in the company of true Outdoor lovers! Set aside a few exceptions I believe that this is a place to find knowledge and respect for what we all love.
The outdoor activities we enjoy today are only going to get tougher to enjoy in the future. The quality of the expierance will never be lost when folks like yourselves are around. We need to educate those that do not understand that fishing and hunting, or even the camping and hiking is not just a hobby or passtime to enjoy. It is a part of a much greater thing. It is conservation, biology, and ecology. It is a relationship with those things that are made up of nature that we need to find. A relationship that benefits that nature and a future that still has room for things wild.
That almost sounded stolen from a text book! The bottom line is that I plan to soon start a family. I hope that some day a forum of people like yourselves will be available to my children. I hope that 50 years from now there will still be places that have giant crappies and herds of deer that is not in a remote place. Minnesota is a wonderful place to expierance the outdoors, I love it here! We need to stay vigalant though. We protect what we love. With out a word or effort don't complain when it gets harder to find those wild places.
Thanks for reading this if you made it through it! My passion sometimes turns into obsession!!

Perch was taken, Kelly. It's what the P in Kelly P stands for. I wouldn't think of horning in on a name that suits you so well. grin.gif After all, a fisherman only catches the fish the GUIDE puts him on. tongue.gif

slam! a good fisherman can tell the difference between a perch bite and a crappie bite grin.gif
just had to.

------------------
keep a firm grip on your jigglestick!......jigglestick

stfcatfish,
My houses are always in a good spot but somethimes I get a poor fisherman in the house. grin.gif hehehehehehe Looking forward to seeing you. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Jiggle: I am an equal opportunity fisherman. If a fish bites my hook, it deserves to get caught, even if it is a tiny perch. grin.gif

Heck, here in Wisconsin we catch them for bait, which is legal.

Geez, lets's lighten up a little in here. I said I was sorry and I meant it. I was just joking around a little, Like I said before i'm glad to see so many people voice their opinion like they did.

Since many of you local Red Lakers are on this thread, maybe you could answer a question. My friend Joe was up there and told me something I find hard to believe. After fishing, he went into the West Wind. Someone met him at the door and said,"hey, You have doors on your truck. You're not from around here, are you ?" My friend said no, he was from the metro area."Well, what do you do there?
Joe said," I'm a taxidermist."
The local man asked" What's that mean?' And Joe answered " that means I mount animals."
The local man yelled'" Give this guy some service, He's just like one of us!" The bartender welcomed him to the land of tall women and virgin pines and asked for his order. Joe ordered a lemonaid. The bartender brought him a quart bottle of something called Captain Morgan with a lemon twist in it. He charged him a dollar. Joe drank half of it and went to leave when the bartender yelled,"Hey, there are poor,starving people in Asia who are forced to go to bed sober every night. Now you finish that drink!" Joe finished it but felt a bit dizzy; he thought maybe a bad lemon. He wandered over to a corner where they were honoring a local hero, someone named Al Cohol. Everyone was having a good time except one guy who was sobbing in the corner. Joe was told to ignore him, that he had lost his ice auger and inoccence in some place called THE TRIANGLE and he really missed his auger. The story got a little fuzzy after that. Joe claims he walked outside and got hit by a pick up, being driven by a Black Lab.
Now the part of the story that I find hard to believe, do they really charge a whole dollar up there just for lemonaid?

This is all meant in fun to lighten things up. If I offended anyone, I'm sorry. I'm sure some moderator will scrap it . Hope to be there in the near future. Bob

I WASN'T CRYING! i had some thing in my eye.

------------------
keep a firm grip on your jigglestick!......jigglestick