• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Those darn Crappies

MWard4400

I wanted to thank kelly-p for the fishing reports...."be thay good or be they bad"

I am glad that people are seeing crappies on the cameras...that tells me that at least the fish are there, If the fish are there I have a chance to catch them.

I live in the Twin City area where there is lots of pressure on fish all the time. If you want to catch fish down here you better be better than the next guy.

Its not tough all the time but when it is it will mean the difference between coming off the lake with a few fish or coming off the lake with your tale between your legs.

I kind of like the tough fishing trip once in a while, it has a tendency to make you a better fishing person and also makes a trip where you catch a bunch so much sweeter.

I personally think the fishing will pick up more than it has been.

Fishing is suppose to be fun........Have some.

Mark in Mpls

Mark,

The REAL good Crappie fishers (of which I
AM NOT one) will come and do fine.

The rewards are great so the battle shouldnt
be so easy.

The fish are bigger this year and the "fish
for everyone" bite will pick up very soon.
(thats my only hope)

Curt Quesnell

That's great that people are seeing on the camera. I think now that walleyes are starting to grow and being stocked aggressively in that lake, there is some competition for those URL crappie. Before the crappie could roam around where ever. Now they aren't the dominant species in that lake. I agree, those willing to move around and pick up a few crappie here and there will be rewarded with numbers.
My 2 cents for what it's worth smile.gif..... -B