• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My cel phone

kelly-p

I do not mean this to be rude but things have to change.
I have tried to be helpfull when people needed info on URL but number of phone calls coming in to my cel # is out of control. Too many people have givin it to too many of their friends. This morning it started ringing at 5:30 in the morning and by 1:00 in the afternoon it was over 60 calls. 4 wanted to rent a house, 6 were people I knew and the rest just wanted general info about the lake and had been given my cel # by someone else. My cel is not on my waist, it is a bag phone that is usually 20 to 30 feet away. This afternoon it rang while I was welding on a fish house skid. I rushed to answer it not realizing that I was tangled in the welding cables. I fell hard on the cement and when I got in tonight and took my boot off I have a swollen black and blue foot with some bone broken. The call I rushed to get was from someone I have never met who wanted to know how thick the ice was. He didn't plan on being here until Feb. but he was bored in his office so he decided to call this phone number a friend of his friend had gotten from a friend.
I'm not in the business of plowing roads and collecting access fees. I make no money from access fees. I rent fish houses, that's all so if you want general info about the lake please call the people that have the ice fishing roads out on the lake.
I know this sounds like a rant and maybe it is but I can not spend all day running for my cel phone for people that are not even interested in renting a house. In fact I will not be running anywhere for a long time. smile.gifIf you are one of my customers or want to rent a house call me. If you want info about URL please call the people that have the ice fishing roads.
My cel # is for my family, my friends and my clients.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Am sorry to learn of your mishap only hope people will abide by your wishes - again I hope for your speedy recovery.
It's in the 40's here and the Striped bass are biting.

i know! get your # changed, and only let the people whom you would like to have it know the new one. either that or do what i do-- smoke signals smile.gif sorry to hear about your little foot. little italy will just have to carry you on her back til i get there. which i was hoping to do some time this week or next weekend.(fair warning). how long til you get the barn out? what color is it? where you putting it? can we put ours all around it?hehehehe it's gonna be a great winter!p.s. i'm laid off!!!!!!

------------------
keep your stick on the ice!---jigglestick---

Kelly,
Sorry to hear about that accident. Couldn't happen at a worse time. My guess is that you will be forced to get a new number, probably the sooner the better. Get well soon. I would like to get a house rented form you later this year but I will call the Wakish Minnow Station to do so.

Kelly,

How thick IS the ice anyway?

Sounds like a job for voice-mail but I don't know if it's available on an old analog bag phone (wish I still had mine sometimes - you can call from the moon with those) ask your provider if they can give you voice mail. Then you can check messages from home at your leisure and guys with an emergency can just keep calling.

Wrap it in a blanket (the cell phone) and pour some Captain directly into the wound - if there are no open wounds use your mouth.

See you in February!!!

Hope you are healed and the ice is thick on 01/04/2003 I'll buy you one then.

Greg

Kelly, Sorry about your mishap. Maybe a new number is the answer since so many people calling you aren't forum users and won't see the message. Hope you can have a great season, you deserve it! I noticed you've been staying up later & later, Halad too. Crappie season must be coming. Stan C.

Kelly , if your not able to walk I have an old wheel chair at work I could let you use! Ofcourse we would have to put some UFO lights on it and I could probably talk Dents-4-Me into running it over a few times! Im not sure how well it will do pulling me out of snow banks though? I guess I could let you use my shovel smile.gifI will be sure to hand out your # so that you have some one to talk to while your laid up! smile.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Kelly get well soon, or at least your foot. grin.gif Next time your at WestWinds buy yourself a triple Morgan on me. smile.gif
You can still crawl cant ya.
I got a phone bag too, mine dosent ring much, I think its a Moterolla. Maybe you should get one like mine. grin.gif
How bout you get one of those 900- numbers like Cleo. When the crappie bite is slow you could give predictions. grin.gif
Take Care, ST.

Kelly...Hope the "wheel" heals up quick! Sounds like the Triangle made landfall!We'll be up next weekend to get the Lab shack ready...if you need help with anything don't be afraid to ask! Till then stop in at the Westwinds, I called the Capt. he says he's all tied up but his buddy the good Doctor (McGillicutty)will be more than happy to see you and give you a little somthin-somethin to ease the pain! grin.gif Can't wait to see the big red barn smile.gif At least you made big enough and the right color so I'll be able to find my way back to my shack after my "Doctor" visit. wink.gif See you soon!...Keep a stool warm for me!

Good Luck! Rip some Lips!

Ken

That is what is they have forums like this for. To get info on what is happening, ice conditions and such.

I think it rather inconsiderate to call someones personal cells to get info, unless their business is giving info.

Too bad some people don't think before they do things.

Kelly, Sorry to hear about your accident. Guys our age don't heal as fast as we used to either. Good Luck. Polar Bear

I'm still moving but slowly. That could be a good thing. hehehehe The big toe is broken in the joint so all I can do is tape it to the next toe.
Yesterday morning with a lot of whining and crying I was able to get the bad foot into a big Artic Pac boot but had my regular boot on the other foot and was hobbling around working on the fish houses when "littleitaly" got here. I put on my best "hurt puppy" look but to no avail. When she saw my boots she started laughing and couldn't quit for 5 minutes, then she ran for her camera. smile.gif I stopped by West Wind for some painkiller before I went home to try get that boot back off and W.W. offered to put up a handicapped parking sign for me. grin.gif They would have to put it in the middle of the parking lot tho as I can not push the clutch in with that foot so that small slope right in front of the building would be tough. Like either coast to a stop in the middle of the parking lot or let the building stop me. I might have to start catching rides with jigglestick. shocked.gif
It's looking to be a tough year on people that work on the lake. Rogers had that bad accident and I hear the Brad Fuller got his hand in a table saw so I gues i'm the lucky one.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Kelly-- I saw your # scracthed into a bathromm stall in the Mall of America on a recent trip there.......It said: "For a good time call...." confused.gif

Elevate the foot when it starts throbbing! Been there & done that. Here' to a speedy & painless recovery!!!

Later--Dugan cool.gif

I'm normaly jellous of you guys that can live up there... but the way things are sounding it is too darned dangerous! I talked to Brad Fuller the other day and he had just gotten back from the doc. He said that he had a tangle with a saw. OUCH...now WILL YOU GUYS TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR SELVES!!!!

take care
Slugo

you guys are experiencing the new improved much stronger forces of the url triangle. i'm willing to bet first round that none of you had lead suits on...huh...knew it. see all of this could have been avoided. i'm usually not one to say i told you so, but...... live and learn kids.

------------------
keep your stick on the ice!---jigglestick---

Fisher Dave, My old mans story was about the 8 1/2 lb walleye he speared on opening day from the tamrack bridge. Now heres the sad part, but very much a good memory for me. The last day I saw him was the day we spent fishing on Red Lake. He was very ill with cancer but forced me to take him out. We both knew this was his last wish, but we never spoke about it. Im not suggesting its bad luck to go, only that if you don't you will always regret it. I have a very large and comfortable house you can use for free. Its not a sleeper(although it can be), but easy to fish out of with room for 4 people.
Let me know Gary Conda [email protected]

Wow ... thanks for the offer. I will send you an email sometime tomorrow to touch base so to speak... I have an uncle that just past away from cancer .. not a pretty thing. Luckily my father doesnt have cancer, but he has more than enough to make up for it .. he is in the exact same boat. He could be around for a while, but its most likely he wont be. I do make any effort I can to do the most possible with him while he feels well enough to do it. None of us get any younger, and not all of us get much older. We all have to make the most of what we have, and theres no substitute for family.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Kelly-P,
What is your cell phone number any way. Can you post it here. Everyone else has it grin.gif

Hey Kelly, Sorry to hear about your misfortune & hope you get well soon. Say if you can only wear one boot, does that mean you are constantly walking in circles? Thats gotta be hard to do when you are wearing a lead suit. What happens when you stick your foot in your mouth? Do you just fall over? SEMPER FIIIIIIIIIIISH!

------------------
DIRTBALL2

Drill an extra ice hole and stick it in there to keep the swelling down.

I have a question for whomever might be able to help me on the thread here. I'm tired of hearing my dad comment on how big the crappie was that he accidently speared when he was a kid at the river ... time for a new story.

My dads in very poor health but still loves to fish when he can find a little energy .. At the same time, money is very tight and I'm limited to what I can contribute myslf. I would like to get him up there this winter once the ice can safely hold his suburban and put him on some fish. Any idea who may have a sleeper type house thats not falling apart (too many rentals at Millacs) that can be obtained at a reasonable cost to give him a trip he would like to remember?

He cant walk anymore than a very short distance, and cant handle any cold, so a decent road at the least is a must. He cant exactly go running for tip ups .. but some decent crappie fishing or a couple nice northerns would be great... or to say the least .. something to keep the bobber going down once in a while.

Amyone have an ideas? Can post here or send me an email at [email protected]

Kelly, won't your toes grow into one REALLY big toe if you keep them taped together?

But hey, with a toe that big, you could kick some serious as* on everybody who's spread around your cell phone number.

Since I saw your post, I've been running around like crazy trying to round up the 17 people I gave it to. I told them it was strictly confidential, but the fools must have passed it around. Sheesh. grin.gif People will stop at nothing!

Well, at least you've got Dr. Morgan to speed the healing process, and Little Italy to keep you humble.

Hope to see you up there later this season.

I cann't put my foot in my mouth,,,my toe is too big. smile.gif It would make a good road marker with all the pretty colors tho. grin.gif
It doesn't feel too bad today. The "Bandaid Brigade" & W.W. assisted me consumming a large quantity of pain killer last night. This morning the foot was feeling better then other parts of my body.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

This is too good to pass up. Kelly you shouldn't have been welding after the W.W. closed. That wasn't your cell phone it was the alarm clock!!! I do hope you are feeling better.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif You guys are having too much fun. There has been some very good shots that I wish I would have thought of. "looked better, too." AWESOME!!!! "alarm clock" is right up there also. grin.gif
One good thing about this is that it has brought some life to the forum.
I was able to get two boots on that were the same size today so maybe people will quit seeing me and laughing. Well,,,, maybe not but it's a start. rolleyes.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Better hope it doesn't fall off. There could be another NINETOE grin.gif What would the world do then???

I'm hoping to make my first URL trip later this winter. I'll be sure to look you up!

Capt'n

Hey c'mon Kelly.
Who else am I gonna call when I'm up at my lot, alone in the fall and getting smarter by the minute? You always have the option of call-forwarding to Ninetoe's residence. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to accomodate the information seekers.

Take care,
codeman