• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are the Crappies Biting??

Nuclear Fishin

How would you guys who have been crappie fishing answer this one about upper red??:

Are they biting?

A. Yes ,very good bite for big slabs.
B. OK bite, but not as good as last few years. Still worth the trip.
C. Terrible bite, not worth the trip.
D. Don't know yet.

Thanks in advance for the info.

[This message has been edited by Nuclear Fishin (edited 12-10-2002).]

Oh they are definitly worth the trip, its still a slow time of the year, its not about th fishing though its all about the fun you have durning it.

I choose E. Yes definatly E, All of the above. Because that's what fishing is. smile.gif
The best part is that 3 of the 4 that have responded so far have not even been on the lake yet. That shows why there aren't any "fishing reports". Very few people have been out there looking so far and it appears that WW has been up late studying again so he thought this was a real quiz. grin.gif
Also if anybody goes out there and does great are they going to say anything???????
NO WAY! Because if they do they'll have 1,000 people following them around the lake the next day/weekend and that "hot spot" will get burned out by a crowd. frown.gif
jigglestick,
Those little voices are talkin to me again. shocked.gif There are saying it's Dec. for crying out loud not Feb. or March. 3/4's of a mile or more SW of where we first met. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

I keep read thease posts everyday and I see some people asking if the fishing is good yet. The fishing in my opinion is always good, if you can find the fish. I will give you a simple example of that I hope it helps. One time my brother and I hit the north crib area after they were put in, still flags marking off the open water. We were the only ones there all day until 3 or so when others came by us. BY 6 there were 14 portables there. In a matter of 45 mins,from 6:30 to 7:15, we had our limit, after checking with others by us they had between 3 and 5 fish. So if you going by what people always say you may never go fishing. The key is just to find them. The only thing I have ever noticed about the feeding of the crappies in the winter is that on average they feed better in late afternoon and early evening than any other time, but thats just been by the average of my fishing experiences.

I had a house that was doing great. 8 days straight the customers limited out. It had an open day so I had my son send his Boss and his friends up. 4 people caught 1 (ONE) crappie in 8 hours. frown.gif The next day I had 2 people that had never ice fished before in their life. I set them in the house at noon and explained that it would be 5:00 or so before anything started to happen if it did at all. They didn't care if the fish bit at all they were having fun being on a frozen lake. smile.gif When I checked at them 2:30 they were limited out!!!! In the middle of the day in the same house that only caught 1 crappie the evening before. That's fishing. My Son's Boss would have said it wasn't worth the trip, the two first timers would have said it was great.
Fishing reports are how the fishing WAS, not how it's going to be.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

The FISHING is always great on URL !!!!
It's the catching that can be sporadic ! grin.gif
Anytime spent on URL is worth while......just be sure to have plenty of refreshments in case the catchin' is slow.

I know I'll be there in search of Slabs this weekend....after a few small eyes on LOW during the morning .

I'll be in a clam 5600 with a trailer pulled by a red Yamahammer Big Bear.

Kelly, if you're around and spot me....be sure to wave me down. I still owe you LOTS of thanks (and Captain's) for all the information last winter....and it sure would be nice to FINALLY meet you wink.gif
Twitter

[This message has been edited by Twitter (edited 12-11-2002).]

I did really well on Red last night just west of the cribs. I didn't get set up until about 4:30 but they were biting as soon as I got set up. I was the only house in the area. The bite very fast, definetly a 1 rod night!! I was using minnows with a glow hook. I was really suprised at the size and numbers of the fish I was getting, as I wasn't even close to the cribs.

Well, I just made that up but I did have a dream about crappie fishing last night grin.gif

Ok ScottS - that was mean - I was about to cry until I read that last sentence! I am stuck here doing homework and haven't been able to wet a line yet!! Won't have time till at least next weekend!!

Hopefully there will be a few good reports by then!?

Clueless - -

There are no guarantees in fishing or life. Accept that and you'll have alot more fun fishing and living.

Scott: I was reading your post and trying to figure out how you were emailing me at my office at the same time. Lap top???? Naw just a joke eh? You had me thinkin' though. Bill

Scott,
Most of the rest of us would have known it was a dream right away. Like, Scott is catching fish??????? shocked.gif Pinch yourself, this isn't the real world. grin.gif
O.K. I know paybacks are the S*'s but that was too good to pass up. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652