• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice

Thx... WW Bar Keep... how far out did you make it before it starts getting really thin???
I seen in another post a few dayz back that everyone was about a mile out!!!
THX

They are out about 3 miles right now. They are very close to where they were fishing at the beginning of last year.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

Thx for the info WW Bartender!!!

Flag up - I've never been up early so I won't be able to help you out, if I remember right, they were catching them in 11' to 13' last year early.
Good luck!!!

We put a house out yesterday, 10 inches of ice where we put it. The fishing has still been a little slow, but with this cold weather it should not be too long before we can start driving out.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

I've been out fishing in Dec. the last couple of years and it's a little different than later in the year. Fish are closer to the bottom generally and don't come as far up(aggressive) to hit the bait. And yes fishing is generally slower til later in Feb. It can still be good though and is worth the trip. If you can move around a bit before dark that will sometimes pay off. If you catch a couple by 4:00 pm or so , chances are good you'll do o.k. later on