• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
icemac33

Bite time?

icemac33

Is there a better time of the day for the crappie bite on URL? Day,night,in between?

upnorth

We never had any success prior to dark ice fishing on URL. As a matter of fact the last few times we went out we didn't bother getting there until just about sunset.

I don't know if anyone else has had success during daylight, but we didn't.

Scott

icemac33

Is it pretty much an all night thing when their biting? Thats how it seems to be around Faribault. What is the usual jig selection for most guys?

kslipsinker

Sunset to midnight is the time to fish. We had fished one night in high wind with moderate success. We were fishing in the open from noon to 6:00 the next day with only one crappie, and 30 walleyes myself! I never thought I would hear, " another dang wallleye" as often as that day. About 1/2 hour after sunset be ready. We filled out by 10:00. Any jig that glows worked. Bring a flasher for charging the jigs. When they are down there it does't take a great fisherman to catch them. I have never seen a FL-18 light up like that.