• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Northern Pike Catch and Release Contest

kelly-p

West Wind will be having a contest Sept. 14th and 15th. It will start at 7 AM the 14th and end at 5 PM the 15th. 2 man teams and $25 per person entry fee. Limited to the first 400 people to register. 90% payback.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Sept. 14-15
Teams consist of atleast 2 people
Limited to 1st 400 people
Pre register until Sep 7
To Register call W.W. 218-647-8998 or email at [email protected]
Fish entered require two pictures, one of fisherman holding and one next to ruler
Winning fish is by length not weight
All teams get a numbered camera at check in and thats your team #
Teams required to check in at W.W. to pay fees and get camera which will be proof of participation(only pictures taken with #d cameras will be eligible)
You can check in any time durring to tourney
The tourney will last two days,starting 7AM Sat. and ending Sun at 5PM.
Camera must be turned in by 5PM Sun. to be eligible for prizes.
All fish MUST be caught on Upper Red or its tributaries.
Prizes will be based on # of participants and be as follows : (minus expense of material supplied) 90% Pay Out!
1st place 40%
2nd place 20%
3rd place 15%
4th place 10%
5th place 05%
10% of entry fee will go to tourney expenses
All laws of MN will be abided by at all times.
In event of a tie prizes will be split
Judges decision final
W.W. will supply the following: camera, official ruler,and photo developing
W.W. is not responsible for accidents or injuries
DNR permit# 02-120-T15
See www.westwindwaskish.com

[This message has been edited by NINETOE (edited 08-16-2002).]

Hey NINETOES what kind of bait you gonna use for these toothy critters?? I've got some great sticky granola mix you can hide in the shadows with!! Good luck gang--Have Fun!! grin.gif

What if you run out of film? In two days if the weather is good, I could realistically expect to catch 30-40 pike. Maybe more. We had a 25-fish day on September 15 last year, all but two of which were between 33 and 41 inches. You have to take a pic of the first one, then keep taking a pic of every fish that's bigger than the one before.

Sounds like a blast, but with 400 boats, it would really be a nightmare out there. Where are you going to park 400 boat trailers? How many do you think you will get?

i think that would be a maximum of 200 boats. probably less if there are more than two in any one team. a walk in the park for waskish-------jigglestick--------

------------------
happiness is a stout jigglestick

Does anybody know if there will be any rooms available up there that week end or any where some one can camp .It will be my first "soft water" experience on the big red

yep, even learned my cba's smile.gif
how ya been budy? get that krinkle truck running yet. it'll be ice before you know it!

That truck's still bent. The Mazda's pulling the load now with all the bear baits out. Wanna see white knuckles? SATCHMO rode with me for 1/2 a day. I think he would have walked home if he just knew what direction home was. smile.gif Next we'll have to get him to ride with you on the lake,,, or maybe with halads dog. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

• 2 weeks later...

The flyer I was sent is not clear on a couple things, first of all, when do you have to check in at West Wind and get the camera? Is it prior to 7 a.m. on Saturday? Also, do you have to be preregistered by the 7th? I won't know if I can fish it until a day or two before the event, can I still get in? How many people are registered so far?

You do not need to pre-register before the seventh, we expct a lot of people to register a couple days before the tournament. Everyone will meet at 7 to get the camera. There are a few teams registered so far, but the more teams there are the more the prizes will be. It should be a fun time for everyone.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

hey w.w.! i think i have a couple more teams talked into it from down in the concrete jungle. one fellow was wondering about accomidations. was wondering about setting up a tent for the weekend? i told him it should be no problem with the campground right down the road. maybe some other people are wondering the same thing. the question was brought up about when do you have to be registered by. can you register after 7 a.m. on saturday? i plan on being up there fri night myself. (think i might have an old bar tab to square up smile.gif ). getting excited!!!!!!
later------jigglestick-------

------------------

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Wish I could have made it. Any good stories you can tell on the forum. smile.gif Did any body over sleep and is there any beer left in Waskisk.

s.t.-- there is still hope!it's not until next week end!

------------------

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

DOOH DOOH DONUTS.... My watch must be fast. And I missed my wifes birthday too. Somebody slap me.

Just wondering if anyone knows how many people are in the pike contest. I can't make it and it sounds like the weather is going to be real crummy. I'm just curious how many people signed up and if it is enough of a success that we could try again next year.

i will be up there around 6 or 7 tonight! just fair warning smile.gif see ya'll then!
--------jigglestick---------

------------------
keep a firm grip on your jigglestick!