• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
analyzer

Northerns Attack

analyzer

Went up to URL for the day on Sunday. We were hoping to find crappies, but the weather cooled off and we feared the bite would be slow.

So we trolled large rapalas for an hour between tamarac and slightly West of Hudecs...nothing

Tried the reeds west of there... nothing

Moved straight south to 6-8 feet with a group of boats... pulled a 3 and 12lb northern, but no crappies...

We then recalled someone on the forum suggesting to get out of the wind... as it was out of the east, we moved back to 4 or 500 yards north of the tamarac in 6 feet of water.

We caught a few crappies right away so we put the anchor down... proceeded to catch

1,2,6,9,10,11, and 14lb northerns all from that one location. Had a couple others follow, a few snap offs and one that straightened out our hook...

There was also another boat maybe 40 yards north of us that pulled out 6 large northerns as well. Two in the 18+ range. It was amazing...

All of that action was from 9-12 in the morning it slowed down in the afternoon.

After lunch we went out in the evening and picked up 50-60 crappies west of Hudecs in 5'. Had one 20-25lb northern EAT my crappie right at the boat, scared the liven S**T out of me... It was about 8:30 and I couldn't see real well... I was trying to see whether I had a sheep head or a crappie and as I looked straight down...this huge northern cruised in and ingulfed it...WOW...

Lotsofun.

G.

PS all of the fish were released.

analyzer

Oh, and by the way, if you catch about a 10lb pike with a 7 or 8 inch perch colored rap, it's mine. I was trying to take the hook out with a pliers (I like to leave the pike in the water) and he took off and snapped my line.

You can mail it to me at ... jk.