• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

alaskander70

we have a channel behind our place we have seen the pike spawning there, do other fish and we just missed them? the other thing i wanted to ask was we where thinking of dregging the channel, will that help or hurt the spawning down the road?

Jeeno...If you have pike spawning in this channel your more apt to seeing them in the daylight than you would be with walleyes. Are there walleyes in the lake down stream of where you are? Walleye usually spawn after pike do and your best chance to see them is to check at night with a flashlight soon after the pike are done. Is there any cover for fish to hide in during daylight hours? Why are you considering dredging? Too much vegetation?

yes there is places for them to hide, the channel was used for boat docking, it has gotten kind of shallow, I think it has been that way for so long we should just leave it, I have seen lots of turtles in there to,