• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shuttle service

kelly-p

For those people without an ATV that wish to get out fishing West Wind and Hudec's are offering a shuttle service where you can be hauled out and then picked up and brought back to shore later.
With the bite moving so close in now it shouldn't work out to bad. The last time I was out we fished in only 10 1/2 feet of water. With great results. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Just got back from two great days of fishing. Ice conditions were good. (can't believe we couldn't still drive out - although many were). We ended up walking out about a mile and had some great fishing (thanks Little Italy for the spot). smile.gif

Too anyone that is thinking of going up there. Go now!!!! Ice conditions are really good and the fishing is hot.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Kelly-P, What a great idea with the shuttle service. It is nice to see that there are still some conciderate people in the world willing to help out their fellow fisherman. My questions to you are, What date are you starting the service? How much will it cost? Do you have space available for all of the vehicals to park? What time of the day will the service be offered(How early? How late?)? And how many people and equipment can be hauled at a single time? Thanks again for the great idea!

Pwaldow123,
It's too bad I didn't know you were around. I could have dropped you off at that spot. I spent the day bringing part of the bridge in to shore. I felt it was best to take it slow and rest the truck alot. And then seeing as I had to wait while the truck got it's wind back I did some fishing at each place to kill the time. grin.gif I finally got that bridge to shore about 10:30 tonight. smile.gif
Mixed dna,
We started today with good results. Everybody limited out and it was only a 1 1/2 mile ride.
The cost is still up in the air but it looks like we will be at $10 a person.
We are using snowmoble trailers so there is plenty of room.
We started taking people out about 4:00 today and picked them back up at 10:30.
The hardest part for me was going from the plow truck to an ATV. I miss my lights and not having everything right there where I am used to it.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Kelly,

It wasn't a problem, I could use some good old fashioned exercise. grin.gif Talked to some of the boys at West Wind and heard that you guys were short handed and were also trying to get the bridge hauled in. Didn't want to bother you, besides Little Italy was a huge help. Saw it from the distance but was the vehicle on the flatbed one of those that went into the ridge?

Good to hear about the shuttle service. There's still a lot of good fishing to go before the ice goes out.

I, for one, just wanted to say THANKS to you and all of the other guys up there for all of your hard work. You guys worked your #$%^%&&*% all winter , so the resut of us could come up there, catch some fish and not have to worry about anything, knowing that somebody would be around to bail us out. smile.gif

Thanks again and see you sometime this spring. Would love to hear all of the stories from this winter. The sample I got just cracked me up.

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 04-10-2002).]

Kelly
I'll be coming up this weekend. How much room do you have on the shuttle for equipment? Will I be able to bring my portable fish trap?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Kelly, Thanks for all your hard work this winter.
What's your ATV's top speed hauling a trailer with angler's and gear. smile.gif Can we stand up on the trailer and surf. smile.gif

And dont forget your crash helmet!! You know, the one with the drink holders. grin.gif

------------------
...the MYSTERY is abound...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nintoe, The ride out there is free. High bidder get's a ride back. grin.gif

What if Im 1st in line??? grin.gif

------------------
...the MYSTERY is abound...

Kelly,

Is the shuttle service available back to Duluth after a few too many at WW????????
If so would it be more than the standard $10????
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
HEHEHE

Ukes.

tubejig,
There are sleeper fishhouses on shore for that problem. smile.gif
The ride back in depends on the persons attitude on the way out, bad attitude and I forget you're out here. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Watch out Ninetoe, it sounds like Kelly's memory is slipping, and it wouldn't surprise me if your face is the first thing he forgets.HeHeHe Hey Kelly, I just knew you'd find a solution to this problem. Now can you shuttle me back and forth to work. It shouldn't take you more than 8-hours each way on the wheeler and I'd have a good excuse if we were a couple days late!! Take care gents. grin.gif

KELLY, WILL ARRIVE ABOUT 6:30-7:00 @ WESTWIND ON FRIDAY. WILL THE SHUTTLE STILL TAKE US OUT? CAN YOU TAKE OUT 3 PEOPLE AT ONCE? IS THERE MUCH WATER OR SLUSH ON THE ICE? WOULD RUBBER BOOTS BE A GOOD IDEA? SHOULD WE BRING A SLED ALONG IN CASE WE NEED TO MOVE AROUND SOME ONCE WERE OUT ON THE LAKE? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP & HARD WORK AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU FRIDAY.

Last night I had 4 people and all the equipment one trip, no problems. There is very little water or slush on the lake, it is freezing each night. There is plenty of room for a sled. Last night one group of 6 only had 57 fish but they did not have flashers and when it was too late they moved the hooks to more then a foot above the bottom. frown.gif The others groups limited out.
Two guys in a portable,,,they limited,,,,,,one of them caught 2 the other guy caught the rest of the limit. smile.gif Lots of smart comments there. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652