• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pressure ridges

kelly-p

I've seen a lot of really stupid things done around the pressure ridges this year, driving through red/orange markers into the water, moving barricades to drive into the water and on and on. Right now when the warmer weather is causing the pressure ridges to settle down into the water they are harder to see. Both last night and again this morning someone was looking at their GPS so intently that they drove right into the pressure ridge. rolleyes.gif We have to remember that our GPS's tell us the shortest line to where we want to go,,, not the smartest line. A GPS has no commen sense.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Kelly are the bridges still up across the ridge anywhere? Whats the ice looking like for Sat. Should I bring the four wheeler or can I still drive out on the lake? Just curious before I leave I will call up there. Tanks!
Phish On

West Winds bridge is still there across the big ridge. We moved it again yesterday to a safer spot. Also in an emergency we can cross that one closer to shore.
There isn't any bridge across the new ridge that came out from the north shore across Hudec's road but there is plenty of room to fish on the east side of it. The ice is in great shape and the landings doing very well. West Winds landing now goes straight out into the lake rather then looping to the north so there is fresh unrutted ice and Tim has been using the grader along shore to kep it smoothed down. .

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Hey Kelly-P,
My girlfriend has agreed to come up with me on Sat morning to fish the evening bite. She's a little worried about a 12 hour trip for 4-6 hours of fishing and she's pretty worried about falling through the ice. I know you can't guarantee anything, and ice is only as safe as the idiot driving on it, but what are the odds that we will be able to drive onto the ice to fish on Sat?
I think the last thing I need is to convince her to go and then have to walk out, or turn around and drive home without fishing.
Thanks for the info.

Erik

------------------
It's all just theory till you hit the water.

Did Russ tell you he had to pull me out? There was no way we could keep up. I did see a funny thing though it was either a meteor or a flying ice auger.

funny things have been happening in the "red lake triangle" all year long. i'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation........currently employing many tie down straps-------jigglestick--------

well I bet Kelly is glad to get me on fish and out of there; I got to get his auger for two days,(the one with only half of the gas cap still attached and enough gas to drill 4 holes)I felt bad that I broke it I went to town and got another,we had a good laugh over that cause I didnt break it. the first night was a zip for me so the next day I tagged him around like a fly on sxxx, by 3 I was cathing fish,slowed down till 8 and were still biting at 10;30 glow jigs-white and pink Halad-you believe in your saying (YOU LIKE WATER) no I DONT!!! I couldnt wait to get to westwind in the morning to yak about you nose diving into the pressure ridge,(dont worry I will save you DUCK!!)as I watched you get out in 12" of water and your front wheels in 13ft of water,By the way do you know were the BIG roll of toilet paper went that was in the fish house?????? I was wondering why you wanted the heat on before you drilled the holes with the door locked!!!? thanks Hal; Jigglestick, Kelly told the story so you could see it frame by frame ,you got to remember airplanes are faster than you, even with the drivers door open, what is the bidding price on the augher at now?

Speaking of the triangle, last friday after moving for a few hours we finally found the fish. I get out drill, drop line, get bite, open the door to tell the youngster that we're going to fish there for a while, he gets out and my keys mysteriously get locked in the truck. How did the truck get locked?... Why was it only after we found fish?... mysteries upon mysteries.