• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Where are all the mythical 3 to 4lb crappies?

I've been fishing Upper Red the past few years now and yet to have seen a solid 2lb fish.I've caught plenty of 11/2 to 13/4lb fish but none of those 3 pounders!!I just like to sit back and laugh at all the fish stories from up there.I agree there is no better lake for crappies right now but come on guys 3lb crappies???I think a lot of guys have no idea what a 2 pounder looks like so they think these pound and a half fish look like 3 pounders to them.Good luck!!!

nibbler

i agree with ya kelly lake. maybe people are using the mn reg book and taking the wts from a measurement. i don't agree with the listed wts in the reg book. check it out!

Nibbler I couldn't agree with you more!!!!! I noticed the new measurements out too and I still get a laugh out of it! I have caught my share of 15 inch crappies and not many of them have ever surpassed the 2lb mark! I just hope the DNR isn't trying to sell out!!! Let's keep fishing a fun sport for kids and family not a money making scheme!