• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

getting on lake

boatsot

how are the roads out there comming up friday to fish can we get on the ice yet

I plan on coming up Mon. and Tues. next week.
Any chance of NOT being able to access the lake?
Somebody told me you might need auger extension.
Will I need one for my lazer?

As of Monday a guy didn't need an extention, although there wasn't much auger left on my Lazer when I broke through.

With warmer weather, I doubt you have anything to worry about...at least as far as getting a hole in the ice.

PCG

i just talked with jerry at rogers. he said they are still good, however they are taking it day to day. talked to hudecs also. they said they have straw on their access, and expect to make it through the weekend. havn't talked to west wind yet. last year it seemed to be the on shore part that slowed them down. i see they put alot of money into improving that situation. i hope it works out. don't know about benz. he might do himself a favor by dropping a note here. over all i think the lake should be accessable through the weekend at least some where by vehicle. although it might get a little rough and wet. once on the lake it should be fine. way plenty of ice smile.gif anybody care to chime in here--- w.w. bartender? kelly? first get your stick on the ice, then keep it there!--jigglestick--

If I wasnt stuck at school all week I would know more, I will let Kelly fill you all in, Im sure he knows a lot more then I do, and I do not want to put any wrong info.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

sounds like we will be in westwind parking lot tonight after 6 Judy says its a go

Hi All,

I will be coming up next weekend (6-7), and I am thinking of dragging a 4-wheeler along. Will that be necessary or will the truck stiil be able to get on?

Good Luck,

Fish On!

------------------
Jeff Phelan
Fish On LLC
[email protected]

It all depends on the weather but I feel we will be out at least another week. The cooler temps today are freezing the water on that is on the ice. I hear that Hudec's, Mort's and Roger's have all put hay down on their landings and the road from the bar to the lake at West Winds appears to be past the muddiest times and is starting to dry a little bit.
I guess just keep checkig the forum cause if something happens it will be posted.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Getting on the lake is pretty easy usually, but when you get in the triangle, it's possible to come off in a different place than you went on. It happened to us last week and we even watched where the bridge got moved. Thanks for keeping it safe!
Stan C.

We're planning on coming up Mon. too. Was planning on going out of Rogers. Is there lot's of water around the edge? I'ld really appreciate any info on all the accesses. I'll be checking back in from time to time today to see what's up. Thank's