• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Campground Information

Hello all,

I had a co-worker, and fellow fisherman, tell me that he likes to go to Red in the spring, before the walleye opener, and fish for the crappies on the spawn. I'm very interested in this, and my question is this. Can anyone provide me with some campground information? I'm looking for somewhere I could leave the boat in overnight because I have a pickup camper. Also, maybe somewhere that has a playground or something, as I'll be bringing my six year old son with me for about a 3 day outing. Water would be nice, but not necessary. Electric hookup is a must for that time of year, will be needing the heater, and I don't have a generator. Thanks in advance.

Set the Hook!!

Lundman

Roger's and Mort's Dock on the south shore. Hillman's, Hudec's and the State Campground on the Waskish side of the lake. You can check the business directory at //www.upperredlakeassn.com

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

[This message has been edited by kelly-p (edited 01-24-2002).]

Kelly P.--
To touch a little more on this subject, how is the fishing in the srping? Do you have to get there within a few days of "ice out" oris it like most other lakes and it improves as the weather warms? What location does a person fish in the spring? Cribs, flats, near bull rushes or near spawning areas along the shore line in the shallows? What depth of water? Or is it pretty much like winter and fish that 15' stuff? confused.gif I will be in the area the week-end of Feb. 15-17 for sure. Maybe sooner I hope???? I will look you up & hopefully have a bump with you this time!?? wink.gif
It sure was nice to have met you and put a face to the posts. Thanks for answering my silly questions. After all.. George is my name and I am somewhat curious! grin.gif

Later..... cool.gif Dugan!!!!!

The fishing is good until June when they seem to scatter back out. They are in shallower in the spring. The best part of fishing then is that your auger does not have to be very sharp. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Until June 10th or so its the best. I've gone to the fly rod and clouser minnows. Tends to outfish monnows and twice the fun to boot. 6' to 7' of water, mark them on the LCD, stop, cast, strip slow, YANK!

Good Luck!

Craig