• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Area ice conditions

I thought I would let you know, lake Bemidji froze over last night, that tied the record for latest date. The smaller lakes have pretty good ice,smooth,hard, and upto 6inches thick where I have been. Crappies have proved to be real hard to find. I really want to know if kelly has been stuck yet? The crappies usually dont bite well untill this happens.

Well he isnt stuck yet but soon, Kelly P. has been stickin close gettin some work done in the shop. i think hes waiting for ninetoes to stuck first. My dad and Kenny J. were out tonight and got about 15 or so nice crappies. the ice is lookin good about 8-10 inches in most spots. Im sure kelly will be out there soon its almost enough ice now, maybe we will see the mazda out there soon.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

Question for ya Ed,
Might have the wrong guy, but did you or do you still work at the college?
>"////=<

Yes I've been hanging around on shore a lot. Too many things to get ready yet. One of which is a bigger truck. Seeing as NINETOE has a big truck now I know we will need a bigger truck to pull him out also. The Mazda will still be out there but with a bigger truck maybe I can end this cycle of a new motor and clutch ever winter. :-) It gets a little spendy that way.
If Ed is who I think it is I have to thank him and his little truck for pulling me and Donnies Duece an a half out of the snow bank last winter. But as like most things in life it all comes even in the end. A few weeks later I noticed a truck sitting ON a big snowbank with its headlights pointing at the heavens. There sat Ed. A bucket full of fish, a stuck truck and a big smile.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

[This message has been edited by kelly-p (edited 12-21-2001).]

If you folks don't get a bunch of snow up there to build 'dem banks up good and high, then Kelly will never get junk cleared out from under the seat of the "Bionic Mazda"
P.S. Tell Donnie to build 'em good and high on BOTH sides of the road.HeHeHE

I thought I would answer "gullguide", by saying you have the right person, I hope thats A good thing. Kelly, I would like to set the record straight, my truck is bigger than that "peepee" mazda, and I wasnt that stuck.

Hey Ed,
No, that is a good thing! We have spent some time on the ice together! Without saying my name, we first met on the little "lake X" just north of Bemidji, fished out on your lake between the island and shore, and not to mention others in the mid-late 90's. I'm good friends with Rhoder if that helps. Havn't seen ya in a while, maybe we could hook up again sometime.
>"////=<

Hey Kelly Joe From st.cloud here. You'll have to let me and larry k. know if you retire the mazda machine, so we know what to look for the next time up!!

Hello RAPID2A,
The other truck is gonna be a disguise. cool.gif So far it is disguising itself as a truck. It has not even smelled the ice or had the plow mounts welded on and already it has dropped dropped some gears onto the expense column. NOT A VERY GOOD START! :-( Maybe I'll just pull the Mazda along behind so I have something to go home in.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652