• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This weekend?

OK, so fishing is slow right now. We are planning on comming up Thursday evening. Those of you who have seen this pattern before, when will the water start to clear?
Thanks in advance.

I too am traveling to Rainy this weekend. I have never fished it before and am wondering all the asic information--what kind of tackle, what weight of jigs, will the water change by thursday (muddy to clear). I would appreciate any information that people would relay to me. Thanks!

Check out the topic "Rainy River Rookie - Please Help" it is on the second page of this Forum. Lot's of advice from different anglers.

As of Saturday 4/3, there's still a fair amount of snow to be melted yet, which means those creeks and rivers will be running for quite some time yet. Plus, the ice on the rivers has not even gone off yet. In my opinion, those creeks and rivers would have to stop flowing completely in order for the river to clear up, which I think is impossible to happen before April 14th.

It's hard to believe there is much snow left to melt after all the warm temperatures, the 50's the last 4 days. We don't have much snow here in the Clementson area at all.

The feeders don't have to stop flowing completely before the river will clear, they just needs to level and start to recede and then we should see some improving conditions. We have experienced muddy water in both spring and fall and the longest it's taken to clear is a week. grin.gif

------------------

Clementson Resort
Fishing on the Rainy River
in Lake of the Woods Area