• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

First Week of Aug Northerns

Terry, you do a great service with this site and I really appreciate it. Leech Lake is a tremendous fishery and my annual trip is a highlight along with the trip to Lake of the Woods in Canada. I always fish Northerns around Aug 17th and have always done well on 5-10lbers. This year due to schedule conflicts I had to go the first week of Aug. I fear higher water temps and harder to find Northerns. Will northerns be tougher a couple weeks earlier? Any input would be appreciated.

Terry Hagstrom

Typically I find higher water temps are real plus. Between Leech and Winnie after the is next week the pike and muskie will really get going. On Winnie last year the pike bite a little better according to my notes. We had several days with 60 plus northern and a muskie or two mixed in. The northern ran on the average of 6 lbs. and released 7 that were 40" plus. Good luck<BR>Terry<BR>Terry's Guide Service