• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello,<BR>I am heading to Leech lake for a week of fishing and vacation on July 8. Could someone give me some info as to where the walleyes may be biting??? Thanks in advance!!

Hope for some decent wind and fish the wind blown points. Also don't forget to try the reefs around Pelican. Bouncers on the deep rock and mud flats with crawlers and spinners. Jigs and minnow (rainbows)in the weeds and shallow rocks.<BR>Terry<BR>Terry's Guide Service

Thank you for the information. We will be there for the week and would be great to find some active fish. We will be there with 2 other couples, should be a good time. I usually fish Leech only in the fall and that has been around Pelican Island and Battle Point. Thanks again Terry!

Ode,<BR>Just got back on Sunday from a 12 day stay at Huddles, I can tell you for us the Walleye were slim pickens! We tried a lot of combinations, couldn't come up with any solid winners to pass on. We had exceptionally hot Bluebird skies the entire time! In addition the Hex's(Hexegenia Limbata)Mayflies seem to be the main Diet for the time. Hopefully they will have been compleated on there hatch cycle for you! We thought the night bite would be on! But believe it or not, high noon seemed to be the time that they were on. Fish mostly found on the mud for us! Diamond Point,and Pelican were holding a far amount of fish.Northerns on Jig and Minnows, Walleyes on Crawlers: Tight Lines and Best of Luck!-----T-290