• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I know its early but once I return from Canada in Mid-June then I will be consumed by my annual trip in August to Leech Lake. I fish strictly for northerns and have always done well with the 5-12 lbers by speed trolling. 2000 was the best year I have ever had on Leech. I haven't hooked a musky yet but wonder if my odds will be better a couple weeks earlier. This year I'm going 2 weeks earlier than usual and wanted any input I can get on Fishing northerns and Musky around August 3-10.

I also fish Leech this time of year and have caught many Northerns. I was just wondering what you are using. We use minnows on little Joe spinners and troll. We kill em all week long but have never caught any over 5 pounds. Any hints on how to get the bigger ones? I also caught my first Muskie last year (small one) using the same method. Pretty much everything bites this combo from perch to walleye. thanks

I speed troll 3-6 mph along the deep weedline. I use a super shad rap, #13 jointed rapala, or a # 18 rapala all in firetiger color. The fish are usually 8-15 feet deep. Speed is the key and running your bait at the right depth along a well defined weedline.<p>[This message has been edited by mikey37 (edited 05-16-2001).]