• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

I have been through the DNR license page and it is somewhat confusing. What are the limits and size for Walleye and Northerns on Leech this year?<BR>Thanks<BR>Rooster

Terry Hagstrom

Rooster,<BR>The regs. read as follows<BR>6 eye's with only one over 24" <P>3 northern with only one over 30"<BR> <BR>These are possesion limits. NOT DAILY as interpeted by some people in the past.<P>At this point in time there is no slot on Leech. It's the last of the big fish factories that don't any real special regs. as does Winnie and Mille Lacs.<BR>Ther has been some conversation amongst some people in the area about getting a slot implemented though. It could happen next year. If we all imply some conservation tactics and not be meat hunters, the slot issue coud possibly be avoided. However there seems to be alot of talk of increased pressure this summer from fisherman that used to go to Mille Lcas and Winnie. <BR>I think it's just a matter of time.<P>Hope this helps you.<BR>Terry<BR>Terry's Guide Service<BR>

Thanks Terry, I know what you are saying and it is to bad there is not a better way of policing this. I will say it is a lot better now that C&R is better publicized.<P>I can remember some of my first years staying at Big Leech Resort in the early 70's, how some would come in with their boat loaded.<BR>Some how the message has to get out the economic impact it would have on the area if fishing gets real bad. Think of all who make their living off it. Not just you and the rest of the Guides, and Resorts. The stores in town would feel it as well.<P>Also other lakes have to consider what they do affects other lakes. I understand Mille Lacs has a night fishing ban, so more pressure on Leech.<BR>Thanks for all your help, I really do appreciate it.<BR>Rooster