• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Two Rivers 2/7

found a few crappies again on Two Rivers. Nothing going until complete sundown and the snowbobilers decided it was time for Happy Hour. Boy they sure were having a good time out there. Can't really blame them after the past few winters. It would be somewhat like having the clam in the truck for three years, and never getting cold enough to make some ice. 22' of water glow red and white jigs. Nothing of any size but eaters, and some action. Bill

bturk-
I was out on Sunday with limited success. I caught two right off the bat at about noon but the rest of the day was pretty slow. I did manage one more and a few perch. I was in about 17 feet of water. Graphed lots of fish but the only ones that would bite were the ones suspended about three feet off. I fished near the houses on the North end closest to the lake access (the little trail access). There were a lot of guys fishing in the other group of houses so I assume the bite is a little better there. What was your bait of choice? I caught all on very small crappie minnows and light tear drops.

JLM: I was in the north bay also. Didn't set up until about 230PM. Our bite didn't go until after the sun was well set. During the day a few small perch. We were in 22' of water. The jig that was best was a red back sparkle/white front. I had a glow red in one hole and only managed 3 fish. I agree on the suspended fish being more agressive. When they were going the best (around 630) they would come up from the bottom to the line that was set hang and just hammer it. After 730pm it was lookers only. Great day however to be out there. Bill

Sneaky crappies...they alway bite when I leave. Such is life I guess. I plan on hitting it again after this weekend...I am heading up to LOW for a few days of eye catching. Hope to see you out there...stop by and say hi, I have a black F-150 and a green Eskimo Quickflip II!

jlm: Yes I will look for you the next time I'm out. I've got a blue full size Yukon XL with a blue Clam Voyegeur. Hope you catch a bunch on LOW. I'm headed back up there on 2/26. Let me know how you do up there. Bill

Will do, we are headed out to the Knight area and a couple other spots off the beaten path. Will post a report for you! Good luck!

Knight could be hot. With all the snow I would think the only people making it that far are on sleds. Sure can't take a vehicle out there this year. Good luck, will be looking for your report. I'm headed toward Swanville in about an hour, hope to catch up with some crappies and maybe an eye in that area. Just purchased an Aqua View so kind of excited about the pictures as well. Bill

Bturk, I will also be up at LOW the same time as you. We will be fishing Friday and Sat. Out of Walleye Retreat. Hope the fish bite. WHat lake are you hitting near Swanville? I am pretty familular with the lakes around there. KOOBA

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you boys cover some ground near Swanville, I spend a bunch of time in that area, had some real good succes this past summer. Mixed this winter. Live in LF. What lakes you fellas been to this winter?? Any success??? Just registered, been reading here for months, pumped for our trip to Red next weekend, will be my third trip of the winter.. Let me know what's up---

Kooba/beaver15: Sorry for the late return on your questions. Pepin in Swanville, and Big Swan. Also made a couple of runs over to Big Birch. Found crappies but no real size, how about your season, anything exciting going on. Bill

Hey-
Fish Moose quite a bit... We've caught many, many small crappies in the last few weeks. Got a little annoying towards the end. The same spot of the lake has been pounded all winter by guys but with the numbers of small ones the future looks pretty good. Have been on the north end of Big Swan, a few weeks ago, didn't catch a ton but they were nice sized, 10 for the two of us, 5 were over 11 inches, 2 over 12. Was a bit of work to get out there though... Fish Pepin quite a bit too, did really well for craps out there last spring... Seems like the green demons have been the best for us most of the winter... Just gearin up for the trip to Red next weekend, those are true slabs, gives you a rush...

Beaver, where are you from again? Those lakes you fish are the same ones that I have fished over the years. I do most of my fishing on Lake Alex now. Have fished Pillsbury, Long lake with little luck. KOOBA

I'm from Little Falls, live towards Sobieski... Fish many of the lakes around here... North end of Big Swan is a nice spot if you can get out there... Haven't been on Alex at all this winter. How's it been up there??

Beaver: Whats the story on Lady Lake just south of Big Swan? Are the houses that were set up there all winter on sunnies, or Norts? Always seemed to be a little cluster just out from the access. Bill

Haven't been on Lady lately but earlier, much earlier, the sunfish were biting out from the access. Not real huge but keepable. Not heard any reports for a while. The sunfish bite has been pretty good on a lot of lakes in the area the last week!! Good luck to all!!! Enjoy this warm February weather!!

Yeah, I think they're out there for sunnies, they just started to pick up on Moose last weekend... 22 feet of water, small jigs and waxies... Any other reports???

Thats kind of what we thought on Lady. Where is Moose Lake, not famaliar with that one. Bill

Moose is just north of Burtrum on highway 28 I believe. Haven't fished it this year, but the lake does have a good population of sunfish. Again from my past experience, not huge but decent fish. They do have the black spots on a lot of them but they are harmless!! Good luck, nice few days coming up so everyone get out and enjoy a day on the lake!!!