• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rice Lake

Chasing-eyes

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I have been fishing Rice consistently for about the last 2 weeks. The bite at times has been fantastic and other days just fair. I have been getting most of my eyes shallow 12-15 ft, the water clarity was real good up until a couple of days ago. I was sight fishing them until the water became slightly dirty. I will have to admit they are starting to go deeper. I have had my best success using glow devils but a dead line and small gold shiner also have been working. There have been pockets of nice fish if you are willing to search for them.

There has been alot of activity on Rice lately as the crappies are starting to take off and the word is out, so if you want nice eyes stay away from the noise and crowds and you will be rewarded.

Went out last night and caught and released 2 small walleyes (14 "s).Full sized trucks starting to drive on.

Merry Christmas!

Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me how to get to Rice Lake? I'm coming from Coon Rapids? Is it off of HWY 10? Thanks!

No it's not off 10. It's a little ways off of 55. If my memory serves me right the road from 55 to the access to the lake is TTT Road. Get a map of the area. You can do it on-line. Then zoom in to the area. Good luck.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Huskers: The access that chemist is talking about is a private one at Fishers Resort, it is a excellent place to access but just to let you know there is a $5 access fee.

If you are looking for a public access take Hwy 94 west untill you hit the Hwy 23 exit, go up the ramp take a left and head down 23 untill you go through C.S and Richmond, go about 4-5miles past Richmond look on your right for the Roadside Tavern go about 1 mile past this, the access road is straight off of Hwy 23, follow it straight ahead it will lead you to the access, about 3 miles or so from Hwy 23.

Actually Icehawk the one I was trying to get him to was the newer of the 2 public accesses.

But at Fishers I didn't know they charged. The last time I went in there they were suprised that I took the time to come in and drop off money.