• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have never fisheed but know people that do.<BR>They have always gone after the trout. I didn't sound like you had to fish very deep.<BR>Sorry I can't help more.<BR>Terry

Have not fished Roosevelt in the winter get a good map of the lake for starters sorry I couldn't help much.<BR> Dan<BR><P>------------------<BR>Dan Krone

I have a cabin on this lake and know it very well as our family has been there since the 1940's. Some locals know it very well and you really have to finesse these fish. I can tell you this.....if you catch a fish, it will likely be huge. I have seen guys pull some monsters (Trout, Walleye, etc.) out of these waters and they deserve it since they practically live in their fish houses all winter! If you want trout, go out from the public launch some and you'll be in deep, deep water. Just move around and try to find them. There's a lot of snowmobile traffic in this area, so the earlier you get on the ice the better. I noticed last weekend the lake was frozen, but I don't think the ice is too thick, maybe after all this cold weather it should be fine.

Be VERY careful when you ice fish this lake. It is full of springs, and although they are near shore(most of them), the water can be quite deep. I have heard of snowmobiles and atvs going through the ice late into the season.<BR>As for the fishing, it is somewhat of a sleeper lake, with fairly good laker action if you can find them.<BR>Good luck and safe ice!!!<BR>GullGuide<BR>>"////=<