• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Area Lakes

Ok, I am heading up to Sartell to visit family and need to know where I can get the baot wet. The only lake that I have fished in this area is the Horseshoe Chain. Can anyone give me any good lakes that are close by that would be a good shot at catching some good panfish?

Thanks in advance!

The Horseshoe Chain should be pretty hot this weekend. The fish are starting to move into the shallow bays. I would imagine there will be quite a few boats out this weekend. The water is high so be careful at the accesses.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]

If you are looking for slab crappies I would check out Big Fish Lake it has got some nice crappies. The only thing about big fish is that it is clear and pretty deep so it might take another week or so for the panfish to move in shallow. I know some guys catch some crappies below the dam in cold springs but the water level is probably still to high. Good Luck AJ

I have heard of a few people getting crappies on big fish over the weekend. I was out on goodner and faired well. I must have boated over 100 crappies on Sunday. Most were on the small side but I caught about 20 or so that were over 1/2 pound. Not monsters but fun fishing, the water was at 60 were I was at.