• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Criminal activity on the ice.

Borch- I read the article also. I have heard of a few cases of people getting there houses broken in to on the Chain, but stealing the whole house was a new one to me. Usually the vandalism happens over Christmas Break (High School) I am not blaming High School kids, just saying that I have noticed over the years that these two go hand-in-hand. If someone were going to steal mine they would have to take me with it because I am in it so much. But, like Borch said, keep and eye out for suspicious activity and take your equipment with you.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]

My only suggestion is to pay attention to what is going on around you. If you see something supsicious, go ask the person "how the fishing is" Because I usually fish the Horseshoe Chain, I have a good idea of who's house is who's. If I see something supsicious I just go talk to the person. One time I saw a guy going into his portable from the bottom. He had it lifted up and was going in through the spear hole. He said he was locked out and he did fish for the afternoon, so I figured it was his. He did say he appreciated me asking about it though. My point, if you see something strange, ask.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]

If you see something suspicious, how about getting a vehicle license plate #,if possible,a description of the person,and any other relevant information and then call 911. I don't agree with the moderator in sticking your nose in where it shouldn't be if you don't know what you're dealing with,and then possibly getting your head caved in. Let the Sheriff's dept.,and/or the DNR's CO's take care of business. They are the law officers.Am I advocating that I'm protecting the criminal? Heck,no! I am saying use some good sense before you confront someone.Sure,I want the losers who are stealing to go behind bars, but trying to be a hero can get you in a lot of unforseen trouble.

This ring is not just attacking the St. Cloud area. Willmar/Spicer has been hit hard for the last few years. Maybe it's the same group, just moved on to greener pastures. They did bust a big opperation in New London about a month ago, and have been keeping a pretty good eye out.
My dad had his 8x12 broken into 2 winters ago...wanna know how they got in?....They jacked up a corner and sent a little kid through the hole to steal stuff....could tell it was a kid by the footprints...must have been between 6 and 10 years old...pretty sad, huh?
GullGuide
>"////=<

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I talked to a few guys this past week who have been victims of break ins and all out stealing of their fish houses in the St. Cloud area the past few weeks. I then opened the Sunday edition of the St. Cloud Times and find an article on the large increase of stolen ice houses and gear this year. Apparently someone has a market for stolen permantent and portable fish houses this year. So if you want to keep your gear take it all with you. And if you show up to find your fish house is not where you left it you have company(That would really suck). Please keep an eye out for suspicous activity. I hope they nail these guys soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never had my head smashed in from asking someone how the fishing is going. I do it all the time. All I am saying is to get more information you have to go check things out. When I see something supsicious, I ask people how the fishing is going,"been getting any"? This allows me to get a license description(more info) I am not saying calling a CO or 911 will not work all I am saying is based on experience you better have more info (than the color of the pickup)or no one will be caught.

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]