• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

BIG BIRCH WALEYS?

I'm planning on fishing on Big Birch on wednsday 10-11-2000. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on were to catch some walleys. I've fished Birch in the past,but not this year. Any ideas on locations depth or bait would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep you posted on how I do.

TR

Just wondering how you did, I will be on Birch next weekend chasing walleyes and would like to know where they are. I fish that lake alot in the summer but havent fished it much in the fall. Thanks

Guys-I just talked with a friend that fishes big birsch almost every night. He has been getting a lot of walleye. That is all he fishes and I believe what he says. At the end of last week he was getting fish in 60 ft of water. I have never heard of that but, i know he is fishing a little shallower now but has been vertically jigging anywhere he can find fish 15-60ft. I will talk to him today and see how he did this weekend.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]

TR

Thanks for the info. I was getting walleyes this summer around the islands all summer, but i dont know if they are still there in the fall. I would think so but any help would be apprecitated. Thanks

Hey guys, I may be fishing this weekend on big birch and I would like any info that anyone has to offer. I haven't fished the lake since this summer and I will be going after some walleyes. Thanks a lot.

live on Big birch and was out last saturday(11/18/00/). Spent 4 hours of trying everything and caught three good smallmouths. Was one other boat out, and his report was poor on 'eyes. Better bet is Little Birch on early ice out from the channel. Good Luck.

Fished Big Birch on Friday evening. Walleyes were active. Found a couple of eaters. Not many people out. Plenty of ice - 12-14".

Used to Fish Big Birch every summer up to about 10 years ago. I remember getting few 'eyes but they were good sized. Is it still true? Also, are they still catching the big 'gills and Crappies on the "Rockpile" near the big island? I love that lake. My Great-Uncle lived on/fished that lake for nearly 50 years. I am going to enjoy reading about how the lake is fishing. Thanks alot and God rest your soul Chris Rieger.

[This message has been edited by PJV (edited 12-30-2000).]