• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Smitty

Big Pine report

Smitty

LOL.. I see that. I'll bring my entire wardrobe!!!! Hope I don't have to chop a hole in the ice to get the boat in... wink.gif

larry777

I was up on Big Pine about a week and a half ago and the bite was pretty good. Using redtails on a #2 gamagatzu hook. We also got fish on nightcrawlers and a few on leeches.

Smitty

Thanks. We'll try to bring a smorgasboard along.

Smitty

Sorta late here, but Dad and I are heading to Big Pine for a long weekend tomorrow morning. Any recent reports on walleye or crappie? Not looking for secrets, just how the bite has been and what's working..

Any info would be appreciated.

ChuckN

Bring your warm clothes! smile.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jigginjim
      If you live on the lake from what I have seen and heard they put the boasts ok n when nobody is at the ramp checking. So much for the great inspection, no decontamination after leaving the lake, that's a major issue I see. So far I have not seen any of the inspection crew at other lakes. Nobody on Constance, Buffalo or South ramp of Maple lake.
    • Fishing Frenzy
      Has been pretty slow lately. One night you do decent then the next nothing. Very hit or miss.
    • BobT
      Aren't there some great spots along the Mississippi south of the TC? I'm not familiar with that part of the state but it seems I've heard things. 
    • Rick
      Is the night bite going?
    • delcecchi
      I would surmise the slop bays across from the resort would be good for largies.  Crappies, next bay down from resort to the right of the point with the giant mansion on it.     Smallies, any rocky shoreline or rock pile, for example  Windsock Island and vicinity. Pike, various weedy areas mostly although I have never had much luck deep in the slop.      Maybe some of the folks who go the LOR will chime in.   At least you didn't ask where to catch walleye on the west end. 😊
    • Tominator692
      Went out Walleye fishing Saturday night and I caught this beauty. Measured 45 1/4" and estimated weight of close to 30#'s. Fought it for over 40 minutes. Caught on 6 pound line with a #4 hook. What an epic battle.
    • Fishguy20
      Going for some largemouth on pike lake near duluth tomorrow if I could get some advice that would be nice. Never fished it before 
    • Fishguy20
      So island was kind of a bust when I went a few weekends ago. It could be the fishermen or could be just bad fishing   
    • Mr Mayor
      I know all those areas well.  I'm a Parsippany~ish kid myself.  Traffic did suck when the commute was 40 one way- now just 5.5, all backroads. @Wanderer Hey for boat rentals a license isn't needed?  I have my NJ boat lisc, but doubt they'd honor it.... To ALL!  Thanks for all the replies and help here... sooo looking forward to the trip. I will  indeed look closer as the time draws nearer, and omg, I would love to be a boat buddy (we say boat b!tch), and consider this my "ask".. Thanks again fellas! Tight lines!   Mr Mayor
    • Skibo