• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jigging Bob

Fishing in battle/underwood areas

Jigging Bob

Dope!! I want to be a part of the Harvest Fest tourny but I will be at the Brainerd Muscle car shootout Saturday. I won't be back in the lakes area until Sunday night. I plan on fishing Monday & Tuesday. Have any of the lakes in the Underwood/Battle Lakes area been producing? Last lake I was out on was Pelican near Cormorant and only caught a few northerns. I plan on hitting some smaller lakes near battle/Underwood hard when I finally get fishing. I am after anything. Its been so long since I have gotten a chance to fish I would be happy catching bullheads all day.lol

My God, I didn't just say that, I must be having fishing withdrawl dilusions. LOL
Any tips would be helpful, thanks guys, good luck in the tourny.

Juice

Well some of the guys from my bass club went out on Bass Lake and they caught 3-3.5lbs bass out there and a few norskies. Umm..Norway when i fished it a week or so ago was kinda slow, along with lake Anne. Heard some decent reports on W. Battle, i dont fish it, so i dont know for sure. But thats all i know, which isnt much. wink.gif Best of Luck!

Gissert

Jigging Bob -

My sister and her boyfriend did pretty good on W. Battle last weekend.

fishlips

Hey, Juice -
Looks like you live around Norway lake. What happened to the crappie fishing in that lake? Last year, the crappie fishing was awesome (it has a restricted limit of 5 for those interested), this year, I've been there twice and can't even catch ONE.
I've heard of cycles, but there had to be a die off or something drastic.
Was the lake hit hard in the winter?

Juice

fishlips- Well ive been out there a few times this year. Never went for crappies though, since i dont really like eating them in summer. But as for winter, at sometimes the lake was hit hard when the crappies were biting. But I dont really think it was heavier then normal. But there could have been a few reasons why you never caught crappies. 1. Fish were out suspended over deeper water 2. Just had a front come through 3. Fish moved to other locations 4. heavy fishing pressure(doubt it) But im sure the crappies will be biting this winter. Im not that great of a crappie fisherman in the summer/fall. But im sure other ppl will have some in-put to the subject.

fishlips

thanks for the reply, Juice.
Tried everywhere on my two trips to Norway - last Friday was just before the fronts came in. Drove around quite a lot looking for suspended fish - saw an occasional fish, but no groups that would indicate crappies.
Strange how fast the population can be reduced - just not sure why.
Never had a chance to catch a winter crappie...taste better?

Juice

Yea when i was out there i couldnt find any schooling fish either. Just a few scattered fishing goin around. But, yea, i do think winter crappies are a little better. Just because they firm up a bit. And not quite as mushy. But if you get them in the early spring, they taste the same as winter crappies. smile.gif

Jigging Bob

Wow did we get rained on camping at Brainerd Saturday night/Sunday! I have never seen so much rain come down. Sure am glad we had a camper, that is until we ran out of beer & I was voted to find the other cooler. I Got pretty soaked, nothing compared to the people in tents though, they were all floating away or drowning. It was all pretty funny until the morning. Had a good hangover and all our stuff was trashed. Went through Fergus Sunday afternoon and managed to catch another good storm. Cars were stalling out in deep flooding water all over town. Just unbelievable what mother nature can do.

Thanks for the reports. I was not able to use any. It was raining Sunday night when we got to the lakes area so I just stayed on S.T. Didn't stay out in my boat to long do to the rain and the wind. Did pull out three crappies & had something pretty decent on but he spit the hook about 10' from the boat. No idea what it was, seemed nice.

Monday I didn't fish (windy as hell again). We just ended up taking the docks out and putting everything away for fall/winter season and headed home. Tuesday I ended up laying on the couch and recovering. Kind of a wet/windy vacation but still managed to have fun. Good luck fishing