• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be going to West Lost lake next weekend for a few days, and I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about it! Thanks

Sounds like West Lost is going to be one of the experimental lakes the DNR is thinking of trying sunfish limits on. 5 sunfish, any species, per day for a 10 year period. I believe Star is on that list also. The DNR said they are trying to protect the larger sunfish genetics in those lakes from over fishing and also trying to increase the size of the fish in the lake. Not sure about 5 per day, maybe 10, but the fishing on the spawning beds in the Spring, especially on Star, has reached a point where something has to be done. Not to mention the over harvest of bluegills during the ice fishing season. I've been doing well on bluegills on Star the last week or so in 10-13 feet of water. Find a bunch of cabbage weeds clumped together and drop a 1/32 oz jig with a tip of nightcrawler. Also, if West Lost has any crappie, try trolling a 1/16oz beetlespin with a 2" gulp curly tail over the cabbage EARLY in the morning. (the bite on Star is usually between 5 and 7:30 am)