• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have fished Big McDonald lake quite a few times in mid August for walleyes and crappies and have caught only a few. Are there any places to consistantly catch walleyes and or crappies? and if so what pesentations work best? Thanks very much to any help!!!!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My grandparents used to have a cabin on Big Mac, and I have fished it quite a bit. Walleye can be few and far between...there is a small point sticking out from the western shore, and you can drift rigs along the gradual breaks there (find the weedline) and you might pick up some walleye. That's where we tended to have our best luck.

I've never known crappie to be very abundant in that lake, but along that western shore...just south of the boat ramp...find the weedbeds just out from shore anywhere from 8-15 feet and you can find some decent bluegills. Move in-and-out, changing depths, until you find the bigger ones. My brother and I took our dad out there on Father's Day, and caught a nice bunch of decent sized sunnies.