• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone else sit the opener out? I have for the past couple of years for a couple reasons...

1. Maybe it is just me but it always seems to be cold and windy on the opener? (Have you been outside today?)

2. Long lines at the accesses!

3. Small lakes packed with people that got "hot tips"...

This is why I start my opener during the following week. I like to fish for fun. Freezing, watching a guy load a boat for the first time, and manuevering around boats are not fun... Atleast in my mind.

Fun weekend, for mixing a stiff one and watching people...

Anyonw else???

I usually sit out opener too. Too much hype for what I believe as boring fishing. I am a bass fisherman so opener is in two weeks!!

I too am a bass fisherman, but you gotta go out for those eyes! Fun catchn them on cranks! GOod luck everyone and be safe!

I'd hate to see what our fishing would be like if the bass opener was met with all the hype of this weekend.Imagine bumper to bumper bass boats coming up here!!!Yikes, as it is we can smile to ourselves and continue to enjoy premium fishing and pitty the other poor b******s! LOL!

I hear you knockin Cast&Blast. I have no problem with waiting out Walleye opener. The lakes are usually more open to go after the bucket mouths a couple of weeks later. Weather is (for some reason) usually nicer too.

My openers have been shut down ever since my daughter was born on the 15th seven years ago. I guess I wasn't thinking of fishing at the time! I now go out the first or second weekend after and usually have better luck than I ever did on opener.