• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
huskiesplayer15

Babe Got Busted

huskiesplayer15

Wow, just reading in Outdoor news yesterday that the good ol CO Denny Lang, busted a local celeb, it said that Babe Winkelmen, his wife Kristeen, and producer are heading to court to battle the charges of using radio in aid of capturing wild game, officer lang had been tipped off that they were using radios, so he tuned in on a frequency and hears the conversation between a man and a women, he goes back the next morning to hear a man say I am going to go get them out of they're beds, a women replied, im in stand, loaded and ready, when lang checked them, they all had nadheld radios tuned into the same channel, the officer was listening too, babe then said he knows the law, and was only using them for safety purposes, he then later admitted to using them illegally, he said in outdoor news that there is gray area and that it needs to be cleared up. What does everyone else think, i think a law is a law is a law and if you break it regardless of your class, or position in public you are guilty. Maybe people think I am too strong, I understand we as humans all make mistakes but, I think you should still be held to them. Hope to hear every one elses thoughts.
Best Fishes
Chris

Gissert

I read that story too. I'm not sure how I feel about it one way or the other.

It is a high profile name to be sure, but I think the practice of coordinitaing drives it pretty common. It would be very easy to cross the line using radios in that fashion.

We have used those radios out elk hunting, and it sure is nice to call for help when you have an elk down.

I have never had much use for them hunting whitetails, however.

Paul Rohweller

LOLOLOL......
I guess hes just as guilty of it as you or me if we were in the same situation. Personally I think we should be able to use radios when party hunting, just makes good sense. It would cut down on deer left in the woods because of no tag..If you dont want to use them then dont. The downside to the pro radio thing is it would make it alot easier to keep track of Mr Lange. My Two cents...Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

huskiesplayer15

Does anyone remember snoopy? Atleast that who we called, I think his name was Flodeen? Ol willy guy,
Best fishes
Chris

bucktail

Leave it to Dennis Lange to bust a celebrity.

Jigging Bob

I guess I personally would like to see hunters using them to an exctent. I know if there was a accident in the woods where I hunt it is one heck of a run to even get to a truck. (mean while your hunting buddy bleeds to death in the woods). It would also be nice for loading big game like Gissert mentioned. That is probably as far as I would take it though. A who am I kidding. It would be sweet but I think a bit to unfair to the deer. I like the challenge of hunting without the technology though to. I am up in the air.

jerkin'm

Babe is a slob hunter anyway. He tried to hunt my fathers place a few years ago and wanted us to drive the whole property to him and his daughter. I'm all for kids hunting but this doesn't seem to be the best way to teach a young girl. Blazing away at running deer chased by you. Just my opinion. I think the radio thing is a judgement call and should be used in an emergency situation only. Not used in a "im in the stand start the drive to me" situation.

huskiesplayer15

I beleive you are allowed to have a radio on, but it can be only used for safety purposes, it just cant be used in aid of shooting deer, i think if the deer is dead, you can radio a friends saying I got one, meet me at the SW corner etc.
Best Fishes
Chris

justin

Heres my point. yes it would be nice to use them but a law is a law and until it is changed or ammended we cant use them. I dont think anyone cares the name of who breaks laws as laws are not made only for us common folk. the law is clear and ol babe broke the law, now he should pay the fine and not be a boob about it just because he is known in the mainstream. another point is that babe of all people should know the laws for hunting and fishing and for him to say there is a gray area is nonsence if you ask me.

Ole1855

So do you all think Babe will remain a spokesman for the MN Deer Hunter's Association????