• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody out crappie fishing yet

Just wandering if anybody has made it out and caught a few crappies yet? You don't have to give away your location, but what your using and how deep you are finding them would be helpful!

Thanks

Well ive been crappie fishing...I havent done to bad if i say so myself. Im finding fish between 10-17ft of water and normally a few feet off the bottom. Im fishing next to shore where it drops off to 30ft. Water is fairly warm enough for them to be active, along with the bass and northerns. Me and my buddies went out tonite and caught 20 crappies on jigs&minnows or just slow rolling a small whistler jig and plastic bait. They have normally been hitting it on the fall and not on the faster retrieve, go figure...

I guess i'd also like to know if you were fishing in ottertail county?

Well i was fishing kinda by fergus and dalton area...Weathers warming up so it should be decient fishing, hopefully this weekend smile.gif

If I don't have to work I am gonna hit some of the smaller lakes in that area this week end. After I put the dock in at my parents home. smile.gif

FnF