• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

was out there on sunday- ice is getting black. tried a lot of spots and didn't produce any nice ones- not like last year.

it varied depending upon where you went still 2 ft out on the lake, but getting spongy, i didn't feel safe enough to drive the wheeler.

Rush has finally cracked under the pressure of all the nicest fish going home in buckets. It's doubtful that we'll ever see it again like it was 3-4 years ago, before people started travelling hundreds of miles to rape it. Once the word gets out about a decent panfish lake, it's as good as gone in a year or 2. Sorry to be cynical, but it happens time after time. People are doing the Catch and Release thing for other fish, but not for sunfish and crappies. The bigger they are, the faster they go in the bucket.

fishermatt i totally agree with you. I have fished Rush for many years and have released more panfish than I have ever kept. It's sad to see people going out day after day and keeping everything they catch. people should use some ethics and stop wondering why they can't catch pound sunfish or 2 pound crappies. all these people who complain about slot limits should protect the resource and enjoy catching more and bigger fish.

I agree with you guys about rush going down hill a little, but with 5,000 + acres of water, there are still plenty of BIG crappies and sunnies out there, i had much better luck this year staying as far away form the big crowds as possible, and with sunnies and crappies being so prolific in breeding, the lake will rebound again!