• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marion is a nice little lake. Just far enough off the beaten path. Bassin try the west end thru the narrows, concentrate on the bullrush beds. springtime and walleyes go hand in hand. Jigs and rigs with shiners worked along in areas where your showing fish on your locator will produce.. west end too for the panfish.. Should be enough in there to keep it interesting. Good luck and enjoy your time at the lake! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Can anyone give me a quick overview of Lake Marion? I just bought a cabin on the lake this winter and even though I've spent numerous hours on Ottertail area lakes, I've never been on Marion. I understand its a good walleye lake and good water clarity. Any largemough bass.......and what is the panfishing like for the kids?

And from the top of the small point (on the south end of the east half) go west/northwest trolling spinnerbaits and you will pick up some nice northerns.

just so you know there are panfish in different areas at different times of the year, winter-spring you will want to be on little marion and mid to late summer stay on the north/northwest side. and yes it is a great lake, been on it since i was a kid

Never fished it for walleyes but it is a awsome lake if you want to fish sunnies. The west side of the lake you can catch tons of sunfish, the bass hold pretty close to the docks and anywhere there are lots of weed beds.

• 2 weeks later...

My family has been on the lake for almost 11 years now. I haven't done much crappie fishing but do know people that do and you can do pretty good. As for bass the south shore and west end of little marion have plenty of bass. As for northerns it seems you can catch them any where but the bar between little and big are pretty good. As for walleyes the fishing is usually good the first couple of weeks and then it will die down but if you keep at it and find them you can catch them and they are very good sized in the lake