• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
widetrack

docks

widetrack

Cedar posts, a sledge hammer, and hard work.<P>At least that is how we did it many moons ago, when I worked for a resort at the Angle.

AaronM

Widetrack hit it right on, thats how they still do it.

Kaz

Hey Guys, A couple of years ago I saw an old Duce and a Half with a old well slamer on the back. It was winter and the Ice in the river was three feet thick. Well that old Army truck drove up to the dock at Adrian's and the guy cut a hole in the ice, the hoist lifted a pole and dropped it in. The battering ram drove it down about six feet, or until it stopped sinking, then they cut it off with a chain saw. "Walla" the old way was modernized, and the old Duce and a Half was put to good use again too. I saw it ALL....Kaz

tillie

Can anyone tell me what kind of wood is used for the dock posts at the resorts and how they put the in the ground?

Hastings gal

Kaz, I saw it also two years ago at Wheeler's. I sure wouldnt want that job. Keep Smiling.

fishnutbob

Just built a dock at my fly in cabin north of Red Lake in Ontario, as for the wood we cut pine logs for runners built cribs with rocks, cut pine posts made a V cut in the bottom and the most important thing big sledge hammer to pound posts in the sand and three 17 year old young men to do the slave work. Dock looks great