• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any reports on Ottertail? I've talked to a few people who say it has been good. I would like to get out in the next few days but would like to see some current reports. Thanks!

The perch kept me busy last Saturday afternoon, and from about 5 to 5:40 the walleyes bit very well. I caught about 12 to 14, keeping two.

Fished this afternoon until dark - not good. Worst day I have had out there in some time. Fished in 20ft of water - 2 perch and 2 15" eyes. Maybe the front or maybe need to try a different spot!! Can't wait for some snow to smooth the traveling on the ice.

------------------
fish smarter, not harder

We fished it again on Saturday. Kept three perch and two walleyes. Not a very good day, but we still caught and released a lot of perch and about 15 small walleyes.

I saw a couple of full size trucks going atleast 50 mph. I wonder what would happen if a front tire were to hit an enlarged hole from all the water draining through them? Ouch!

Gissert,

It would be a good lesson for those idiots to wreck there trucks. There is no reason to drive that fast on a lake.

I heard it was a sloppy mess out on OT. Talked to your wife on Saturday morning said you were out on OT. South Turtle was pretty bad also. Had to get my house off the lake due to having a bunch of swirlies all around it doing the honey comb effect. Figured better safe than sorry. It was a real pain due to the high winds & the ankle deep water on top of the ice. I was soaked by the time we were done moving the house. Most of the houses were taken off the lake.
It is always strange looking down a 8" hole and in a couple hours or so it is 10 to 12". I will never get used to that.

Well hopefully we get the cold weather prodicted to freeze these lakes up solid again. Good luck out there.

Jigging Bob -

Sorry I was not around to help. I drove down to the access yesterday, but your house was already off.

Ah, the mighty B won his wheeler, huh? I'll have to give him crap about that.

I think the ice will be fine where you want to go. The forecast temps looke to be colder. Other that the washed out holes, It looked ok to me.

Don't be sorry, I found a neighbor with a 4 wheeler right after I stopped by your place. Said he would have no problem pulling it off he had just won his new four wheeler so he wanted to try pulling something anyways. I do appretiate you coming down to the landing and checking things out though. Are things freezing up decent out there or is this going to make crappy ice?
Do you think that ice will be OK out where my house was? Probably move it off that spot a bit but I hope to get it back out there New Years Day. Might be a slow process.(something tells me I will have a headache that morning).