• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Jigging Bob

My brother went out on south turtle last night and there was a solid 9" to 10" were he was. He said it was very good ice. I would guess all the other smaller lakes have about the same amount if not more. I am predicting at least 11 to 12 inches by the end of this weekend. (hopefully)
He didn't get even a nibble though. They just pretty much threw a portable where ever. Got dark to fast on them.

I am still searching for a used vexilar if anyone has one up for sale.

fishlakeman

Whats the Otter Tail ice look like? (thickness) People have been pretty quiet. Is that good or bad? I'm not going to get a chance to get up there until Christmas, but I'm curious how the bite has been. My brother is coming home from Montana for 3 days and I would like to provide some good fishing for him.

Paul Rohweller

8 to 9 inches on rush friday,
was a small suv that drove out, not too bright..Please wait for good safe (ice is never safe)ice. Alot of the ice in my area (hawley/hitterdal) will vary from about 9 to 11 inches to it was still open last friday. PLEASE be careful!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Jigging Bob

Sometimes I wonder if people are trying to cause themselves and others harm or if they are just that stupid. Nobody should be driving on the lakes right now with a vehicle. It is rediculous. Did you read that report about the guy with his kids in the car on ottertail just flying around on the ice making fishermans holes wave when there were patches of 6" ice. Poor kids, their dad is obviously a meathead. I would have went and gave those people a talking to.
We can't just stand there and let these idiots do this. Maybe no one has ever told them it is to thin to drive on. Or there just stupid and must drill one hole and see 10 to 12 inches and figure that the whole lake freezes that way. I know I have way to much money sitting on the ice in ice fishing gear and my icehouse for some idiot to come by in a truck and break the ice where I am cause he is to lazy/dumb to walk. Another thing to the people that drive on the ice don't hall *** across the ice it creates a wave under the ice and breaks it easier and makes other fishermans holes splash. I guess I don't want to be a dink but use your heads and be safe people. Well good luck to everyone and be safe.

The ice is plenty safe to drive on right now. Ottertail has 11 inches Everywhere, except where the open water holes were, which is probably less than 1% of the whole lake's surface. As long as you don't drive on one of those spots, you'll be fine. Most of the other area lakes have 10-12 inches, which according to the DNR is more than enough for a car or small truck.

You may want to check the ice a little more carefully. Drilled several holes on Sat. from the south side of OT to Grandpas Island and most spots were 9-10 in., but where there was snow - 6 in. Don't be crazy, it is not safe to drive EVERYWHERE on the ice.

My buddy and I fished Otter Tail on Saturday and found a large area of ice that appeared to be thinner than the rest, when in fact, it was...only 5"! Use your heads and do not drive cars or trucks on the lakes yet. I was nervous driving my ATV out there!

FISH AWAY

Just a thought. I was on a lake last year where people just started to drive on,I didn,t think it was safe yet so we used an ATV.After we got the house down and drilled the holes we found that one side of the house has 12" of ice but the other side had 5", a little spooky don't you think.You know the saying to "live or die for", I'll take live.

BarTender

I was out on E-Battle sunday morning. I sa the Ice was nice and clear, but only 6"

The eyes wert to coopertive, but managed a couple.