• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I don't know about anybody else but I can't hardly wait for deer hunting to begin. Shotgun Opener in Minnesota is this weekend and we are going second weekend. I am worried the rutt might not be as strong the second weekend. I have noticed and been told that the deer have already really been after it early this year. Anybody else been noticing anything?

We usually go the first weekend every other year but it has been extremely warm the last couple years on first weekend. The deer haven't been moving when it is warm. Now we decide second weekend and this year there is snow on the ground first weekend. Gotta love Minnesota weather right. Probably be warm second weekend now right. Maybe I just have buck fever really bad again this year and it is making me much more anxious than I should be. Well good luck this weekend. I am hoping on getting that "tirty point buck" that has been running around the area.

I head to the cities at about 3 am every Monday morning from Underwood. On the 27th of October, I had seen 11 deer in the first five miles. They were really on the move that weekend, and the bucks seemed to be in chase mode.

The woods we hunt has never had so much buck sign as it does this year.

Hopefully the activity will continue this weekend.