• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We just got some land along the Otter Tail River on Red River Lake. I've never fished the lake before, and only been in MN a few years, so I'm wondering where to start and what to go for. Thanks, and I'm glad I found this board-looks like a great group and am looking forward to meeting folks on the water!

Boy are you lucky! My wife and I have a place just a few miles away, but RR Lake is one of my favorites. Are you east or west of #3? Welcome to the neighborhood!
FLB

Red River is a neat fishery. I normally target LM Bass, Crappies and Pike there but like most rivers you can expect about anything. Just West of your place there's a huge stump field where the river makes a little bend to the North that can be very productive. The entire system contains some interesting bends, points, flats and drop-offs, along with some really deep water. You're a long way from the access, so you'll see very little boat traffic in your area. I wish there were SM Bass in this section of the OT River...if there were you would be right in the heart of them. We're just up 43 a few miles on Heilberger Lake.

Our place is up at the top of the red - all the way upstream near 43. Just about as far up as you can go with a boat.

Hey axel,
Thanks for the key to the fish house! Hope to spill a beer in there with you this winter. I'll probably be at the cabin the next 2 weekends finishing my wiring/plumbing...stop by if you're around.
FLB (Iowa Mike)

Went out for a while on Sunday afternoon - found the stump field (ouch!)Did see some big ones jumping along the shore, but they weren't interested in anything I threw. Just tried a few things but didn't catch anything. Looks like the boat is going into storage this week - too little time. Just have to wait it out for ice now. Thanks.