• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone has been out bass fishing lately and how you did? Also was anyone out been out on Clitherall recently? I am planning on making it out fishing at least once this weekend, hopefully with some success. Only made it out sat. evening last weekend, but my wife and I were able to catch a dozen bass or so. Texas rigged plastics on main lake points worked the best, not much luck with spinnerbaits or cranks though.

Does fishing in Missouri count. Went out last week end. Water temp down. Good fishing. Fished a "strip pit" with a friend. Caught about 20 bass, most on rogues and worms. Fishing shut off about noon... When I was in Minn. a few weeks ago we stayed on Clitheral...they were catching alot of bass in about 17-20 feet of water. We fished in front of Old town resort and did pretty good. I would think they'd be in shallower water by now. Would like to come up again before Mid Nov...but not looking too good. Also want to go to Lake Fork Texsas this year. Will wait and see. I still think Minn has the best bass fishing I've seen in years..loved it. I will be back several times next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Was out today for about 6 hours,caught and released a couple limits all descent fish two around 5lbs.Should get better this week every day, sounds like quite a warming trend coming up.Jig/Pig reeds and wood,less than 3 ft. was better than deeper.

The bassin for me and others I've talked with has steadily deteriorated at Beers lake until it is basically nonexistant at any depth with any presentation confused.gif. As of 10/3 I gave up on them and chased muskies and I finally got my first one grin.gif.

CastnBlast...do you mind sharing where you are finding these bass?

Thanks,

Scott

CASTnBLAST
What time of day did you get most of your fish? I went out on 10/4 as well, but didn't have much for success until late morning. Caught all of our fish after about 10:30 am (texas rigs, 7 - 10ft of water)

ScottND,
Prior to October, were you have good luck for bass on Beers?
Congrats on the first Muskie!

I was on the water shortly before noon untill around 6.No real peak time as far as the bite went,to be honest I expected at least double the bite which I problably could have had today if it wasn't for work.From past expierience as far as Fall fishing for bass goes the afternoon is generally better than the early morning bite now,no need to get up early.Don't really care to get anymore specific about the lake I was on except that it was close to Dent.Tried throwing spinnerbaits to no avail but never did get out deeper with the cranks which should have produced also.It's just tough to beat the quality of fish you'll raise with a jig/pig especially now so we opted to pitch them for the better part of the day.We had best luck in hard bottomed reeds that were fairly clean,the reeds with cabbage etc.didn't produce as well but that's holds true most of the time.Fallen trees are also pretty consistent in the Fall and forgot to mention the nice gators we caught/saw in less than 3ft. which is also a bonus this time of year.I usually avoid these tackle thieves but the quality sized fish you'll find up in the shallows is an absolute hoot!Don't get too stuck on the shallows though,I have two other lakes nearby where fast shoreline breaks at this time are the key,depends on what kind of cover is available but this is by far the best time of year for truly big hawgs.

CPRBASS
My first trip to Beers was in early August and the bass bite was pretty good with my largest going 19". About the time I got rigged up to start pulling them out of the slop they weren't in there any more. Guess I'll have to wait til next year, especially now that I'm hooked on muskies. My collection of rods and reels that go with me has grown to eight. I thought four was a lot when I fished ND! Awwww...a boy and his toys...how much better can it get? grin.gif

Thanks for the info CASTnBLAST

You can never have too many rod/reel combos. I always think I need more. ScottND have you had anymore success with the muskies and are you primarily fishing Beers? It is a fun lake to fish, I know that I have caught a number of muskies out of there. It is easy to get the muskie itch, I know how that goes.

Managed to sneak out of work yesterday and get about 4 hrs. on the water with my brother.Typically the freakin wind had to pick up on the way out but still managed to catch and release a couple limits or so.Most were under 2 1/2 lbs. but did land one pushing 5.This particular lake doesn't have much shoreline cover at all especially now that most of the docks are in so we worked the cabbage with 6" worms on mushroom headed jigs in 8-15 ft.Besides the numerous slimers we also caught a dandy 24" walleye and even a slab crappie all on the plastic worm.Awesome time of the year,too bad it's so short...better get out there!

Managed to sneak out of work yesterday and get about 4 hrs. on the water with my brother.Typically the freakin wind had to pick up on the way out but still managed to catch and release a couple limits or so.Most were under 2 1/2 lbs. but did land one pushing 5.This particular lake doesn't have much shoreline cover at all especially now that most of the docks are in so we worked the cabbage with 6" worms on mushroom headed jigs in 8-15 ft.Besides the numerous slimers we also caught a dandy 24" walleye and even a slab crappie all on the plastic worm.Awesome time of the year,too bad it's so short...better get out there!